On the first Sunday night of May sweeps, part one of CBS’ Anjelica Huston-Melanie Griffith oater, Buffalo Girls (4th), rode roughshod over NBC’s Fred Dryer crime drama, The Return of Hunter (15th), and ABC’s Clint Eastwood Oscar winner, Unforgiven (34th). Another CBS Western, Walker, Texas Ranger, shot up into the top 10, even as star Chuck Norris’ new movie, Top Dog, was proving a bowser at the box office. By contrast, the big-screen success of Bad Boys hasn’t helped Martin Lawrence’s flaccid Fox sitcom, Martin (72nd). And in a clash of female-appeal Monday movies, Susan Lucci’s made-for-NBC sudser, Seduced and Betrayed (12th), thrashed ABC’s more simply titled Goldie Hawn thriller, Deceived (46th).
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- Jamie Foxx makes controversial Bruce Jenner joke at iHeartRadio Music Awards
- Play a 'Super Mario 64' level online for free
- Death threats against BBC director investigated following Jeremy Clarkson firing
- Harrison Ford released from hospital following plane crash: Report
- Chrissy Teigen, Ludacris to host Billboard Music Awards
- Deadline editor apologizes for controversial diversity in casting article
- Gallant drops a rain-streaked video for his next-level slow jam 'Open Up': Exclusive
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Clare & Don and More!