On the first Sunday night of May sweeps, part one of CBS’ Anjelica Huston-Melanie Griffith oater, Buffalo Girls (4th), rode roughshod over NBC’s Fred Dryer crime drama, The Return of Hunter (15th), and ABC’s Clint Eastwood Oscar winner, Unforgiven (34th). Another CBS Western, Walker, Texas Ranger, shot up into the top 10, even as star Chuck Norris’ new movie, Top Dog, was proving a bowser at the box office. By contrast, the big-screen success of Bad Boys hasn’t helped Martin Lawrence’s flaccid Fox sitcom, Martin (72nd). And in a clash of female-appeal Monday movies, Susan Lucci’s made-for-NBC sudser, Seduced and Betrayed (12th), thrashed ABC’s more simply titled Goldie Hawn thriller, Deceived (46th).
Posted May 12 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- Lee Daniels goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall talks controversial elimination
- 'Doctor Who' is headed to theaters in September
- Aziz Ansari's Netflix comedy snags Claire Danes and more
- Harris Wittels' cause of death confirmed to be accidental overdose
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!