Everybody knows about coffee-table books, and critics sometimes refer to lightweight novels as ”airport books.” Well, here’s one for those solitary seated moments when you’ve already read ”Dear Abby” and checked the box scores. What’s the going rate for hair transplants? For one of Madonna’s negligees? Did you know that Elvis’ American Express card was recently auctioned for a good deal more than two authenticated wood slivers from Christ’s cross? That the surgery required to turn a woman into a man costs almost twice the fee to turn a man into a woman ($23,000 as compared with $12,000)? Billed as ”an armchair shopper’s version of nirvana,” this is the perfect touch for that hard-to-furnish guest bathroom. Just don’t try to read it all in one sitting. B-
Everything Has Its PriceEverybody knows about coffee-table books, and critics sometimes refer to lightweight novels as ''airport books.'' Well, here's one for those solitary...Everything Has Its PriceReferenceRichard E. DonleyEverybody knows about coffee-table books, and critics sometimes refer to lightweight novels as ''airport books.'' Well, here's one for those solitary...1995-05-12
Genre: Reference; Author: Richard E. Donley
Posted May 12 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jeff Probst on the players he is surprised did not get voted into 'Survivor'
- Justin Timberlake and Jonathan Demme are making a 'space age music film'
- Everything you need to know about the 2015 MTV VMAs
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!