Everybody knows about coffee-table books, and critics sometimes refer to lightweight novels as ”airport books.” Well, here’s one for those solitary seated moments when you’ve already read ”Dear Abby” and checked the box scores. What’s the going rate for hair transplants? For one of Madonna’s negligees? Did you know that Elvis’ American Express card was recently auctioned for a good deal more than two authenticated wood slivers from Christ’s cross? That the surgery required to turn a woman into a man costs almost twice the fee to turn a man into a woman ($23,000 as compared with $12,000)? Billed as ”an armchair shopper’s version of nirvana,” this is the perfect touch for that hard-to-furnish guest bathroom. Just don’t try to read it all in one sitting. B-
Everything Has Its PriceEverybody knows about coffee-table books, and critics sometimes refer to lightweight novels as ''airport books.'' Well, here's one for those solitary...Everything Has Its PriceReferenceRichard E. DonleyEverybody knows about coffee-table books, and critics sometimes refer to lightweight novels as ''airport books.'' Well, here's one for those solitary...1995-05-12
Genre: Reference; Author: Richard E. Donley
Posted May 12 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Beyoncé used New Orleans documentary footage "with permission" in new 'Formation' video: rep
- Larry David hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Listen to Chrisette Michele's a cappella cover of Adele's 'Hello'
- 'Zoolander 2' tries to recreate the magic of Magnum in new clip
- Tony Goldwyn teases Fitz's state of mind in 'Scandal' return
- Lady Gaga says Super Bowl performance is one of the highest honors
- Beyonce surprises with powerful new single, 'Formation'