Everybody knows about coffee-table books, and critics sometimes refer to lightweight novels as ”airport books.” Well, here’s one for those solitary seated moments when you’ve already read ”Dear Abby” and checked the box scores. What’s the going rate for hair transplants? For one of Madonna’s negligees? Did you know that Elvis’ American Express card was recently auctioned for a good deal more than two authenticated wood slivers from Christ’s cross? That the surgery required to turn a woman into a man costs almost twice the fee to turn a man into a woman ($23,000 as compared with $12,000)? Billed as ”an armchair shopper’s version of nirvana,” this is the perfect touch for that hard-to-furnish guest bathroom. Just don’t try to read it all in one sitting. B-
Everything Has Its PriceEverybody knows about coffee-table books, and critics sometimes refer to lightweight novels as ''airport books.'' Well, here's one for those solitary...Everything Has Its PriceReferenceRichard E. DonleyEverybody knows about coffee-table books, and critics sometimes refer to lightweight novels as ''airport books.'' Well, here's one for those solitary...1995-05-12
Genre: Reference; Author: Richard E. Donley
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- See 'It Follows' star Maika Monroe in 'Echoes of War'
- 'Game of Thrones': Which actor is also the best singer?
- Adele dressed up like George Michael on her birthday
- Charlize Theron reveals all about her ultimate female road warrior in 'Mad Max'
- Phil Rudd's AC/DC bandmates haven't contacted him since his criminal charges
- 'Charlie Hebdo' editors get standing ovation at PEN Gala
- The Critics' Choice TV Awards 2015: And the nominees are...
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!