Everybody knows about coffee-table books, and critics sometimes refer to lightweight novels as ”airport books.” Well, here’s one for those solitary seated moments when you’ve already read ”Dear Abby” and checked the box scores. What’s the going rate for hair transplants? For one of Madonna’s negligees? Did you know that Elvis’ American Express card was recently auctioned for a good deal more than two authenticated wood slivers from Christ’s cross? That the surgery required to turn a woman into a man costs almost twice the fee to turn a man into a woman ($23,000 as compared with $12,000)? Billed as ”an armchair shopper’s version of nirvana,” this is the perfect touch for that hard-to-furnish guest bathroom. Just don’t try to read it all in one sitting. B-
Everything Has Its PriceEverybody knows about coffee-table books, and critics sometimes refer to lightweight novels as ''airport books.'' Well, here's one for those solitary...Everything Has Its PriceReferenceRichard E. DonleyEverybody knows about coffee-table books, and critics sometimes refer to lightweight novels as ''airport books.'' Well, here's one for those solitary...1995-05-12
Genre: Reference; Author: Richard E. Donley
Posted May 12 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Walking Dead': Norman Reedus on 'Daryl and Carol moment'
- First look at Timothy Spall in and Colm Meany in 'The Journey'
- DJ Jazzy Jeff on possible reunion with Will Smith: 'The time is right on so many different levels'
- 'Tokyo Tribe' is the futuristic martial arts hip-hop musical you've been waiting for
- Beloved cat Lil Bub has a full album coming out
- See the cover art and track list for 'Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck' soundtrack
- Donny Deutsch breaks down what's wrong with selfies for new USA series