Meg Ryan’s every gesture is calculated for cuteness as she bops through the streets of Paris in Lawrence Kasdan’s meandering comedy. She plays Kate, a garrulous, neurotic young woman who goes to Paris to retrieve her fiancé (a Jell-O-ish Timothy Hutton) from the clutches of a French beauty. Kline plays the attractive, somewhat shady Frenchman who becomes enchanted by her Ryanized tics. What Kline is doing playing a Frenchman is anyone’s guess, but at least he moves his character’s emotions from swagger to desire. Ryan, though, is so self-involved that it’s hard to care which boy she ends up with. She’ll always have Herself in Paris. C
French KissMeg Ryan's every gesture is calculated for cuteness as she bops through the streets of Paris in Lawrence Kasdan's meandering comedy. She plays Kate, a...French KissComedyPG-13Meg Ryan's every gesture is calculated for cuteness as she bops through the streets of Paris in Lawrence Kasdan's meandering comedy. She plays Kate, a...1995-05-12Timothy HuttonJean RenoTimothy Hutton, Jean Reno
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Kevin Kline, Meg Ryan, Timothy Hutton, Jean Reno; Director: Lawrence Kasdan; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- Zayn Malik thanks One Direction at event
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- ACM Awards' host Luke Bryan on big stage: 'It's fun to have a touch of anxiety'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!