Despite a lot of flashy chrome, Car and Driver ‘95 Buyer’s Guide barely gets out of the garage. If you already know what you want, you’ll find a wealth of information: more than 850 models are represented with a thumbnail overview, specs, and, in many cases, articles from Car and Driver. There’s also a glossary, gas-mileage chart, and list of toll-free numbers. But the price index bombed when I tried to access it, and the multiple-choice quizzes that are supposed to winnow your options actually eliminate cars you might be interested in. Worse, the brief videos are a waste, especially since lavish interactive ads from car companies hog a lot of the disc space. C+
Posted May 19 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama talks 'The Wire' with creator David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers won't return; Academy to search for new showrunners
- NBC reviving Coach with Craig T. Nelson
- '12 Monkeys' boss answers some burning questions
- 'The Founder' starring Michael Keaton gets November 2016 release
- 'American Idol' guest mentor Boy George picks the frontrunners of the Top 9
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!