Despite a lot of flashy chrome, Car and Driver ‘95 Buyer’s Guide barely gets out of the garage. If you already know what you want, you’ll find a wealth of information: more than 850 models are represented with a thumbnail overview, specs, and, in many cases, articles from Car and Driver. There’s also a glossary, gas-mileage chart, and list of toll-free numbers. But the price index bombed when I tried to access it, and the multiple-choice quizzes that are supposed to winnow your options actually eliminate cars you might be interested in. Worse, the brief videos are a waste, especially since lavish interactive ads from car companies hog a lot of the disc space. C+
Posted May 19 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!