Despite a lot of flashy chrome, Car and Driver ‘95 Buyer’s Guide barely gets out of the garage. If you already know what you want, you’ll find a wealth of information: more than 850 models are represented with a thumbnail overview, specs, and, in many cases, articles from Car and Driver. There’s also a glossary, gas-mileage chart, and list of toll-free numbers. But the price index bombed when I tried to access it, and the multiple-choice quizzes that are supposed to winnow your options actually eliminate cars you might be interested in. Worse, the brief videos are a waste, especially since lavish interactive ads from car companies hog a lot of the disc space. C+
Posted May 19 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Game of Thrones': Emilia Clarke bares teeth with her 'dragon pack'
- Herschell Gordon Lewis, horror's 'godfather of gore,' dies at 87
- William Friedkin set for 'French Connection' anniversary screening
- WATCH: 'The Voice' coaches go head-to-head on game night
- 'Westworld' releases trippy new poster
- 'That Golden Girls Show' transforms quartet into puppets
- Vic Mensa: 'Affecting change in the hood is why I vote'