Beverly D’Angelo plays a belching, farting ex-con hired to nanny a pair of spoiled rich kids in The Crazysitter. While their parents are away, this enterprising anti-Poppins plots to peddle the brats on the black market. The resulting kids-versus-bad-guys romp has inspired video-box comparisons to Home Alone and Mrs. Doubtfire. But these kids are no Macaulay Culkins, D’Angelo’s no Robin Williams, and this lowbrow lark is not the kind of thing you’d pay to see in a theater. It’s a bad enough bargain on video. C-
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Ed Begley Jr., Beverly D'Angelo, Lisa Kudrow; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted May 19 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters