Sorry, Susan Lucci fans. The Daytime Emmys air May 19 on NBC, but expect the All My Children diva to go home empty-handed for the 15th time. Instead, look for General Hospital’s Leslie Charleson (Monica) to win Outstanding Lead Actress, for her bravura performance as a breast cancer patient. Other predictions? GH, with 14 nods, will also walk away with Outstanding Drama, Writing, and Supporting Actress statues. GH’s Jackie Zeman (Bobbie) and Rena Sofer (Lois) both deserve that supporting prize, but I’m rooting for Zeman. And if GH’s Brad Maule (Tony) doesn’t win as Outstanding Lead Actor, he should demand a recount. Maule and Zeman wrung tears from a turnip as their characters grieved over the loss of a child. Maule is also the only actor in his category who has never won an Emmy, and it’s high time he was acknowledged.
Posted May 19 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Ghostbusters' new car: Paul Feig reveals #whattheygonnadrive
- Gay marriage ruling movie in the works at Fox
- Casting Net: Ellen Page signs on for Iraq War drama Lioness
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- 'American Idol Live!' tour photos: Let's go backstage!
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!