Sorry, Susan Lucci fans. The Daytime Emmys air May 19 on NBC, but expect the All My Children diva to go home empty-handed for the 15th time. Instead, look for General Hospital’s Leslie Charleson (Monica) to win Outstanding Lead Actress, for her bravura performance as a breast cancer patient. Other predictions? GH, with 14 nods, will also walk away with Outstanding Drama, Writing, and Supporting Actress statues. GH’s Jackie Zeman (Bobbie) and Rena Sofer (Lois) both deserve that supporting prize, but I’m rooting for Zeman. And if GH’s Brad Maule (Tony) doesn’t win as Outstanding Lead Actor, he should demand a recount. Maule and Zeman wrung tears from a turnip as their characters grieved over the loss of a child. Maule is also the only actor in his category who has never won an Emmy, and it’s high time he was acknowledged.
Posted May 19 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt