Sorry, Susan Lucci fans. The Daytime Emmys air May 19 on NBC, but expect the All My Children diva to go home empty-handed for the 15th time. Instead, look for General Hospital’s Leslie Charleson (Monica) to win Outstanding Lead Actress, for her bravura performance as a breast cancer patient. Other predictions? GH, with 14 nods, will also walk away with Outstanding Drama, Writing, and Supporting Actress statues. GH’s Jackie Zeman (Bobbie) and Rena Sofer (Lois) both deserve that supporting prize, but I’m rooting for Zeman. And if GH’s Brad Maule (Tony) doesn’t win as Outstanding Lead Actor, he should demand a recount. Maule and Zeman wrung tears from a turnip as their characters grieved over the loss of a child. Maule is also the only actor in his category who has never won an Emmy, and it’s high time he was acknowledged.
Posted May 19 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Margaret Qualley dances, shoots lasers in Spike Jonze's perfume ad
- Student Academy Award winners announced
- Lance Bass: Gay dating show will be 'more realistic' than 'The Bachelor'
- Gene Wilder: An appreciation
- Here's where you can watch Gene Wilder's best movies
- Alicia Silverstone, Mena Suvari Share 'American Woman' Photos
- 'Stranger Things' stars share adorable on-set photos