”President Kennedy was shot during today’s motorcade but is in good condition with what the doctors are calling a superficial flesh wound.” With those words, you’re off on one of the most bizarre CD-ROM experiences yet: Reelect JFK. You play President John F. Kennedy, who, having survived an assassination attempt, has 50 weeks to find out who shot him, pass the Civil Rights Act, decide what to do about Vietnam, and win reelection. The characters are fictional (except for Bobby Kennedy), but the political analysis is surprisingly acute, and the Boston accents aren’t bad. Where the disc trips up is in slow access speeds — you could drive a motorcade between lines of dialogue. Not quite history and not quite a game, Reelect JFK can’t escape the faint, unsettling whiff of exploitation. B
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- Zayn Malik thanks One Direction at event
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- ACM Awards' host Luke Bryan on big stage spotlight: 'It's fun to have a touch of anxiety'
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!