”President Kennedy was shot during today’s motorcade but is in good condition with what the doctors are calling a superficial flesh wound.” With those words, you’re off on one of the most bizarre CD-ROM experiences yet: Reelect JFK. You play President John F. Kennedy, who, having survived an assassination attempt, has 50 weeks to find out who shot him, pass the Civil Rights Act, decide what to do about Vietnam, and win reelection. The characters are fictional (except for Bobby Kennedy), but the political analysis is surprisingly acute, and the Boston accents aren’t bad. Where the disc trips up is in slow access speeds — you could drive a motorcade between lines of dialogue. Not quite history and not quite a game, Reelect JFK can’t escape the faint, unsettling whiff of exploitation. B
Posted May 19 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Disney eyes live-action 'Prince Charming'
- Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend lands own Beats 1 Radio show
- 'Sesame Street': Sonia 'Maria' Manzano's 7 favorites
- 'Hannibal': No go at Netflix, Amazon
- Caitlyn Jenner gives empowering talk in new 'I Am Cait' trailer
- Michael Eisner clarifies comment that beautiful, funny women are 'impossible to find'
- Sluggish Fourth of July box office no picnic for Hollywood
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!