”President Kennedy was shot during today’s motorcade but is in good condition with what the doctors are calling a superficial flesh wound.” With those words, you’re off on one of the most bizarre CD-ROM experiences yet: Reelect JFK. You play President John F. Kennedy, who, having survived an assassination attempt, has 50 weeks to find out who shot him, pass the Civil Rights Act, decide what to do about Vietnam, and win reelection. The characters are fictional (except for Bobby Kennedy), but the political analysis is surprisingly acute, and the Boston accents aren’t bad. Where the disc trips up is in slow access speeds — you could drive a motorcade between lines of dialogue. Not quite history and not quite a game, Reelect JFK can’t escape the faint, unsettling whiff of exploitation. B
Posted May 19 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- Kanye's new album: 'So Help Me God'
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!