”President Kennedy was shot during today’s motorcade but is in good condition with what the doctors are calling a superficial flesh wound.” With those words, you’re off on one of the most bizarre CD-ROM experiences yet: Reelect JFK. You play President John F. Kennedy, who, having survived an assassination attempt, has 50 weeks to find out who shot him, pass the Civil Rights Act, decide what to do about Vietnam, and win reelection. The characters are fictional (except for Bobby Kennedy), but the political analysis is surprisingly acute, and the Boston accents aren’t bad. Where the disc trips up is in slow access speeds — you could drive a motorcade between lines of dialogue. Not quite history and not quite a game, Reelect JFK can’t escape the faint, unsettling whiff of exploitation. B
Posted May 19 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hulu executive explains decision to pull '19 Kids & Counting'
- Mariah Carey calls 'American Idol' stint as 'the worst experience of my life'
- Kristen Bell live tweets her mistaken UberPool ride
- Casting Net: B.J. Novak joins Michael Keaton's 'The Founder,' Will Forte boards Key & Peele comedy
- Hilary Duff shares the track listing for 'Breathe In. Breathe Out.'
- TV mogul who helped launch Oprah Winfrey into daytime success dies