Mel Gibson in a kilt? Tom Hanks in a space suit? Val Kilmer in a cape? Okay, so maybe this summer’s blockbusters won’t be inspiring any new fashion trends on Seventh Avenue, but at least the action will look hot. Along with Braveheart, Apollo 13, and Batman Forever, a scad of action-packed thrillers will be strutting their stuff on screen, including First Knight, with Sean Connery as King Arthur and Richard Gere as Lancelot (think chain mail); Wild Bill, with Jeff Bridges and Ellen Barkin playing gunslingers (think suede); the African adventure Congo (think monkey suit); and the seaborne sci-fi film Waterworld (think…gills?). Prefer high-tech style? There’s Keanu Reeves as a 21st-century messenger boy in Johnny Mnemonic, and gigabytes more, including Virtuosity, The Net, and Hackers. In the sequel section, you’ve got Die Hard With a Vengeance and Free Willy 2: The Adventure Home (cool colors this season: black and white). For a more romantic look, you can slip into Forget Paris, The Bridges of Madison County, Nine Months, or Mad Love. True fashion funksters will want to try on Mallrats, by the director who brought the world Clerks, and To Die For, starring Nicole Kidman and Matt Dillon. And kids can get some inspiration for their next Halloween costumes from Casper, Pocahontas, and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie. Just remember: One size doesn’t necessarily fit all.
Posted May 26 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- This is what the guy who voiced Arnold in 'Hey Arnold' looks like now
- 'Applesauce' cast talks sex and severed body parts
- James Gunn comments on Star-Lord dad rumors
- 'All My Children' and 'Bonanza' star David Canary dies at 77
- 'Martyrs' remake: Exclusive release details for Troian Bellisario-starring horror movie
- Box office preview: 'The Good Dinosaur,' 'Creed' enter the ring
- Mark Strong on his epic role in 'A View from the Bridge'