In The Ascent, a true (but torpid) World War II adventure, Vincent Spano plays an Italian POW who strikes a blow for national honor by escaping up the slopes of towering Mount Kenya. Right behind him is a British officer who just happens to be obsessed with conquering that same mountain. Waiting below is comely Rachel Ward, who is loved by both men. Sadly, their stories don’t add up to a hill of anything, especially when viewed against the majestic mount. Even seen on video, this natural wonder easily overshadows such tired melodramatics. C+
Posted May 26 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade