It may not rank up there with Scarlett O’Hara’s declaration never to go hungry again, but Crimson Tide star Denzel Washington says he too once made a vow. While a struggling actor in New York, he swore that if he ever became a star, he’d ”never wash another dish and never take another subway.” Needless to say, Washington hasn’t had dishpan hands or seen the inside of a subway for a very long while. But recently someone got the Oscar-winning actor to eat his words: While on a trip to New York, Washington’s son John David, 10, really wanted to see the Big Apple’s famous underground. What’s a dad to do? Says Washington: ”I walked down the stairs, said, ‘There it is,’ and we walked back up.”
Posted May 26 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Shonda Rhimes on Hillary Clinton DNC film: 'I didn't have to add a plot twist!'
- Katy Perry performs 'Rise,' 'Roar' at DNC for Hillary Clinton
- Chloë Grace Moretz urges millennials to vote Hillary at DNC
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Donald Trump's proposed Muslim ban is 'tyranny'
- Meryl Streep in talks to join Emily Blunt in 'Mary Poppins Returns'
- 'Law & Order: SVU' books VP Joe Biden
- 'Jason Bourne' franchise gets the Honest Trailers treatment