It may not rank up there with Scarlett O’Hara’s declaration never to go hungry again, but Crimson Tide star Denzel Washington says he too once made a vow. While a struggling actor in New York, he swore that if he ever became a star, he’d ”never wash another dish and never take another subway.” Needless to say, Washington hasn’t had dishpan hands or seen the inside of a subway for a very long while. But recently someone got the Oscar-winning actor to eat his words: While on a trip to New York, Washington’s son John David, 10, really wanted to see the Big Apple’s famous underground. What’s a dad to do? Says Washington: ”I walked down the stairs, said, ‘There it is,’ and we walked back up.”
Posted May 26 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters