Bertrand Tavernier’s grim, melancholy film l.627 acts as an antidote to all those movies that show police work as an exciting fantasy. Here, in the Paris-set story of renegade undercover cop Lulu (Didier Bezace), it is mired in bureaucracy and petty competition among colleagues — even the drug busts are anticlimactic. Tavernier demythologizes cops the same way that John le Carre does spies. Sadly, though, the film lacks drama: Viewers might begin to feel they are on a stakeout — for 145 minutes. C+
L.627 Bertrand Tavernier's grim, melancholy film l.627 acts as an antidote to all those movies that show police work as an exciting fantasy....L.627Drama, Mystery and ThrillerUnrated Bertrand Tavernier's grim, melancholy film l.627 acts as an antidote to all those movies that show police work as an exciting fantasy....1995-05-26
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Didier Bezace, Lara Guirao; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Survivor' exclusive sneak peek: Watch the 'Worlds Apart' merge
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Tracee Ellis Ross, Hilary Duff, Scott Eastwood & More!