Since peaking in the mid-’80s with Firestarter and Commando, director Mark L. Lester has pretty much wasted his talent until now. Night of the Running Man is his move into Tarantino territory, with Scott Glenn going nuts as a well-connected hitman. And because the banal Andrew McCarthy stars as the slacker cabbie who takes off with a million bucks in casino loot, Lester wisely adds personality to the mix by throwing in the wild-eyed John Glover (Gremlins 2) as Glenn’s L.A. confederate. B
Night of the Running Man Since peaking in the mid-'80s with Firestarter and Commando, director Mark L. Lester has pretty much wasted his talent until now. ...Night of the Running ManMystery and ThrillerR Since peaking in the mid-'80s with Firestarter and Commando, director Mark L. Lester has pretty much wasted his talent until now. ...1995-05-26
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Scott Glenn, Andrew McCarthy; MPAA Rating: R
Posted May 26 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Bible' series won't return to NBC
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!