Since peaking in the mid-’80s with Firestarter and Commando, director Mark L. Lester has pretty much wasted his talent until now. Night of the Running Man is his move into Tarantino territory, with Scott Glenn going nuts as a well-connected hitman. And because the banal Andrew McCarthy stars as the slacker cabbie who takes off with a million bucks in casino loot, Lester wisely adds personality to the mix by throwing in the wild-eyed John Glover (Gremlins 2) as Glenn’s L.A. confederate. B
Night of the Running Man Since peaking in the mid-'80s with Firestarter and Commando, director Mark L. Lester has pretty much wasted his talent until now. ...Night of the Running ManMystery and ThrillerR Since peaking in the mid-'80s with Firestarter and Commando, director Mark L. Lester has pretty much wasted his talent until now. ...1995-05-26
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Scott Glenn, Andrew McCarthy; Status: In Season; MPAA Rating: R
Posted May 26 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Fear the Walking Dead producers reveal how much time season 1 will cover
- The CW moves up premiere dates for 'Jane the Virgin,' 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend'
- Jemaine Clement voices a 'mind-reading fart' in exclusive 'Rick and Morty' clip
- John Carpenter pays tribute to 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper
- Patrick Stewart on cocaine is hilarious in 'Blunt Talk' trailer
- Wrestling great Roddy Piper dies
- See the exclusive first trailer of 'First Times with Jenn and Jack'
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!