Watching The Police — Outlandos to Synchronicities, the efficient and occasionally funny documentary about everyone’s favorite bottle-blond power trio, is a rewarding but unsettling experience. To be sure, the music holds up brilliantly. Sting’s faux-Jamaican accent aside, the group’s hits remain some of the best guitar-based pop songs ever written. What’s almost shocking in 1995, however, is how much these guys enjoyed performing and being stars. Any band having such fun today would probably be dismissed as sellouts. A
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Watch the first trailer for 'Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell'
- Brian Williams might have misremembered a few more incidents
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Who will miss Janos on Game of Thrones?
- Smashing Pumpkins' Billy Corgan joins TNA Wrestling
- 'Black-ish' creator writing 'Good Times' movie
- 'Aqua Teen Hunger Force' to end
- First listen of Broadway’s 'On the Twentieth Century' cast album