Watching The Police — Outlandos to Synchronicities, the efficient and occasionally funny documentary about everyone’s favorite bottle-blond power trio, is a rewarding but unsettling experience. To be sure, the music holds up brilliantly. Sting’s faux-Jamaican accent aside, the group’s hits remain some of the best guitar-based pop songs ever written. What’s almost shocking in 1995, however, is how much these guys enjoyed performing and being stars. Any band having such fun today would probably be dismissed as sellouts. A
Posted May 26 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- From People: Bruce Jenner to pose as woman for 'Vanity Fair' cover
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- I'm not buying Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha'
- Iggy Azalea cancels tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!