Watching The Police — Outlandos to Synchronicities, the efficient and occasionally funny documentary about everyone’s favorite bottle-blond power trio, is a rewarding but unsettling experience. To be sure, the music holds up brilliantly. Sting’s faux-Jamaican accent aside, the group’s hits remain some of the best guitar-based pop songs ever written. What’s almost shocking in 1995, however, is how much these guys enjoyed performing and being stars. Any band having such fun today would probably be dismissed as sellouts. A
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!