What’s the price of fame for Hollywood starlet Sandra Bullock? On the upside, she’s signed to do John Grisham’s A Time to Kill for a thrilling $6 million. On the downside, Bullock can’t just dance the night away anymore. Once an anonymous hoofer at an L.A. Cuban hot spot, now Bullock needs her handlers to work overtime to keep the club a secret from her fans. According to her spokeswoman, it’s the only time the actress can check fame at the door: ”She doesn’t get hassled there. Nobody cares who she is and she can just concentrate on dancing.” In fact, some say Bullock is becoming a regular Tony Manero. Says one of the club’s owners: ”She’s one of our best.”
Posted May 26 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Wayward Pines' exec producer Chad Hodge's post-show dish: Why (SPOILER) had to die
- Casting Net: Gabrielle Union heading to Jamie Foxx action film 'Sleepless Night'
- 'The View' eyeing two new cohosts?
- 'The Help' director Tate Taylor to helm 'Girl on the Train'
- Pete Davidson live tweets his 'Harry Potter' marathon, gives 'dope as f---' review
- Reese Witherspoon as Tinker Bell: Disney developing 'Peter Pan' spinoff 'Tink'
- Molest claim vs. Josh Duggar; family says...
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Taylor Schilling, Jessica Alba, Beyoncé & More!