What’s the price of fame for Hollywood starlet Sandra Bullock? On the upside, she’s signed to do John Grisham’s A Time to Kill for a thrilling $6 million. On the downside, Bullock can’t just dance the night away anymore. Once an anonymous hoofer at an L.A. Cuban hot spot, now Bullock needs her handlers to work overtime to keep the club a secret from her fans. According to her spokeswoman, it’s the only time the actress can check fame at the door: ”She doesn’t get hassled there. Nobody cares who she is and she can just concentrate on dancing.” In fact, some say Bullock is becoming a regular Tony Manero. Says one of the club’s owners: ”She’s one of our best.”
Posted May 26 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Penn & Teller reveal the craziest tricks from their upcoming Broadway show
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!