The casting of Hollywood’s $8 million kid as comicdom’s poor little rich boy was the best investment the filmmakers made in the trite comedy Richie Rich, since young Macaulay Culkin fans will likely seek out the video despite Mac’s unremarkable performance. Unfortunately, the film so lovingly displays Richie’s treasures (including his own McDonald’s and his personal baseball coach, Reggie Jackson) that kids may come away with a slightly skewed view: Friends are important, but nothing beats buddies with bucks. C+
Posted May 26 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Janet Jackson releases 'Dammn Baby' video
- Single Swap: Fresh suggestions for Drake, Nick Jonas and more
- Cannes to showcase John Malkovich movie no one will see for 100 years
- Jimmy Fallon's Donald Trump calls 'Barack Obama'
- George Clooney and Julia Roberts join Gwen Stefani for Carpool Karaoke
- Exclusive: Veronica Roth announces next book, 'Carve the Mark'
- 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst on possibility of a final two