The casting of Hollywood’s $8 million kid as comicdom’s poor little rich boy was the best investment the filmmakers made in the trite comedy Richie Rich, since young Macaulay Culkin fans will likely seek out the video despite Mac’s unremarkable performance. Unfortunately, the film so lovingly displays Richie’s treasures (including his own McDonald’s and his personal baseball coach, Reggie Jackson) that kids may come away with a slightly skewed view: Friends are important, but nothing beats buddies with bucks. C+
Posted May 26 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Shia LaBeouf arrested in Austin for public intoxication
- The 'Robot Chicken' cast can't stop talking about 'Pretty Little Liars'
- 'Mr. Robot' cast reveal how they recover from intense scenes
- Fox cuts 'Minority Report' order to 10 episodes
- 'Con Man' panel fulfilled our 'Firefly' dreams at New York Comic Con
- Clark Gregg on whether 'Agents of SHIELD' will ever encounter mutants
- Watch Aladdin and Jasmine reunite for 'A Whole New World'