The casting of Hollywood’s $8 million kid as comicdom’s poor little rich boy was the best investment the filmmakers made in the trite comedy Richie Rich, since young Macaulay Culkin fans will likely seek out the video despite Mac’s unremarkable performance. Unfortunately, the film so lovingly displays Richie’s treasures (including his own McDonald’s and his personal baseball coach, Reggie Jackson) that kids may come away with a slightly skewed view: Friends are important, but nothing beats buddies with bucks. C+
Posted May 26 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bernie Sanders helps Stephen Colbert introduce 'The Late Show'
- Paris attacks: Le Bataclan to reopen before end of 2016
- 'Top Gear' unveils full lineup of hosts
- Jimmy Fallon unveiled his own Bernie Sanders impression last night
- Peyton Manning and Magic Johnson break eggs on their heads for Jimmy Fallon
- J.K. Rowling clarifies 'Cursed Child' book
- Penelope Cruz and Jimmy Fallon Dubsmash 'Frozen' song
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday