The casting of Hollywood’s $8 million kid as comicdom’s poor little rich boy was the best investment the filmmakers made in the trite comedy Richie Rich, since young Macaulay Culkin fans will likely seek out the video despite Mac’s unremarkable performance. Unfortunately, the film so lovingly displays Richie’s treasures (including his own McDonald’s and his personal baseball coach, Reggie Jackson) that kids may come away with a slightly skewed view: Friends are important, but nothing beats buddies with bucks. C+
Posted May 26 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Who's gone from the Academy?
- 'Walking Dead' prologue scene sets up Negan, second half of season 6
- 'The Walking Dead': Did the midseason finale satisfy?
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal
- Sinead O’Connor found safe after posting that she had ‘taken an overdose'
- See Tracee Ellis Ross perform on stage with mom Diana Ross
- John Legend serenades Chrissy Teigen for her 30th birthday