Like the phoenix rising from the ashes, so rises the sequel to The Crow. Miramax will shoot a follow-up to the $50 million-grossing 1994 movie, with French matinee idol Vincent Perez (Queen Margot) replacing Brandon Lee in the lead role. Lee was accidentally shot and killed in 1993 during the making of the original. Perez, who beat out Jon Bon Jovi for the part, plays a back-from-the-dead character similar to Lee’s, but the futuristic setting will be L.A. instead of Detroit. While a sequel might strike some as unseemly, producer Ed Pressman insists, ”Life has to carry on. Brandon’s film will always stand. To now continue the legend of The Crow can be seen as a testament to Brandon’s success. All we can do is try and measure up.” The movie is expected to begin filming in October.
Posted May 26 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Rogue One' trailer gets 'Friends' treatment in mash-up video
- Drake sent Rihanna a message... on a billboard
- Twitter challenges users to #MakeASongTitleLonger
- Viola Davis opens up about struggling with childhood hunger in PSA
- NBC developing Noah's Ark... in space!
- Edward Snowden appearing live via satellite for 'Snowden' screening
- Joe Biden compares U.S. foreign policy to 'Ghostbusters'