Like the phoenix rising from the ashes, so rises the sequel to The Crow. Miramax will shoot a follow-up to the $50 million-grossing 1994 movie, with French matinee idol Vincent Perez (Queen Margot) replacing Brandon Lee in the lead role. Lee was accidentally shot and killed in 1993 during the making of the original. Perez, who beat out Jon Bon Jovi for the part, plays a back-from-the-dead character similar to Lee’s, but the futuristic setting will be L.A. instead of Detroit. While a sequel might strike some as unseemly, producer Ed Pressman insists, ”Life has to carry on. Brandon’s film will always stand. To now continue the legend of The Crow can be seen as a testament to Brandon’s success. All we can do is try and measure up.” The movie is expected to begin filming in October.
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Angelina Jolie makes first public appearance since her surgery at the Kids Choice Awards
- Kids Choice Awards 2015 winners are...
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!