Like the phoenix rising from the ashes, so rises the sequel to The Crow. Miramax will shoot a follow-up to the $50 million-grossing 1994 movie, with French matinee idol Vincent Perez (Queen Margot) replacing Brandon Lee in the lead role. Lee was accidentally shot and killed in 1993 during the making of the original. Perez, who beat out Jon Bon Jovi for the part, plays a back-from-the-dead character similar to Lee’s, but the futuristic setting will be L.A. instead of Detroit. While a sequel might strike some as unseemly, producer Ed Pressman insists, ”Life has to carry on. Brandon’s film will always stand. To now continue the legend of The Crow can be seen as a testament to Brandon’s success. All we can do is try and measure up.” The movie is expected to begin filming in October.
Posted May 26 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- ‘Tomorrowland’ leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney on London stage: Watch
- Kelly Rutherford gets sole custody of kids
- J.K. Rowling cheers Ireland's gay wed vote
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!