Flashy camera moves can’t conceal the contrivance of Dead Air, a (mis)calculated thriller. Gregory Hines plays Mark, a too-cool deejay who’s been getting deadly phone calls from a mysterious feminine voice. The caller is killing every woman Mark gets close to. But who is it? A warped coworker? The sexy gun-toting sister (Debrah Farentino) of Mark’s murdered girlfriend? Or is it — gasp! — Mark himself? As the possibilities pile up, smelling like a bucketful of red herrings, one revelation seems inevitable: Whoever the killer turns out to be, the ending will make no sense. C+
Dead Air Flashy camera moves can't conceal the contrivance of Dead Air, a (mis)calculated thriller. Gregory Hines plays Mark, a too-cool deejay...Dead AirMystery and ThrillerPG-13 Flashy camera moves can't conceal the contrivance of Dead Air, a (mis)calculated thriller. Gregory Hines plays Mark, a too-cool deejay...1995-06-02
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Debrah Farentino, Gregory Hines; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted June 2 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!