Most gospel records come across as too preachy or sanctimonious, but Vern Gosdin’s classic The Gospel Album, offering from ”The Voice,” first released in 1984 as If Jesus Comes Tomorrow (What Then) and long out of print, finds the right balance of spiritual longing, dinner-on-the-ground salvation, and rousing instrumental accompaniment. B+
The Gospel Album Most gospel records come across as too preachy or sanctimonious, but Vern Gosdin's classic The Gospel Album, offering from ''The Voice,...The Gospel AlbumR&B Most gospel records come across as too preachy or sanctimonious, but Vern Gosdin's classic The Gospel Album, offering from ''The Voice,...1995-06-02
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Vern Gosdin
Posted June 2 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Patton Oswalt on his wife's death: 'Grief is an attack on life'
- The Shins share music video for new song, 'Dead Alive'
- Emily Barr previews new YA novel, 'The One Memory of Flora Banks'
- Niall Horan plays Would You Rather? on 'Ellen'
- WATCH: A bachelor party turns bloody in horror film 'SiREN' — exclusive
- 'Muppet Babies' series revival a go at Disney Junior
- Warren Beatty plays Howard Hughes in final 'Rules Don't Apply' trailer
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like