Most gospel records come across as too preachy or sanctimonious, but Vern Gosdin’s classic The Gospel Album, offering from ”The Voice,” first released in 1984 as If Jesus Comes Tomorrow (What Then) and long out of print, finds the right balance of spiritual longing, dinner-on-the-ground salvation, and rousing instrumental accompaniment. B+
The Gospel Album Most gospel records come across as too preachy or sanctimonious, but Vern Gosdin's classic The Gospel Album, offering from ''The Voice,...The Gospel AlbumR&B Most gospel records come across as too preachy or sanctimonious, but Vern Gosdin's classic The Gospel Album, offering from ''The Voice,...1995-06-02
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Vern Gosdin
Posted June 2 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bill Murray is getting his own Netflix Christmas special
- Margaret Atwood talks Twitter Fiction and near-genius hashtags
- Check out this exclusive photo from a new book of 'Hunger Games' portraits
- Keanu Reeves gets terrorized in new 'Knock Knock' trailer
- TLC airs '19 Kids and Counting' marathon after Josh Duggar child molestation allegations
- 'Tomorrowland' production designer on how to build a futuristic city from yesterday's dreams
- Jimmy Fallon and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson give a commencement speech... in 1989
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!