For us players with slow reflexes, the 30 games on Merlin’s Apprentice are gems: Victory requires hours of reflection, not a microsecond of thumb twitching. And while the cryptograms, picture puzzles, and other tests of logic are difficult, they’re not unfair. Unfortunately, unremarkable arcade-style zapping games and mind-numbing memory challenges occupy nearly a third of the disc-space that could have been devoted to more rewarding brain bewitchment. After all, you seek out the legendary magician Merlin for his wizardry, not for his jousting skills. B+
Posted June 2 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- First Listen: Ellen Pompeo on Meredith's shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' attack
- Al Pacino and Melanie Griffith join Where the White Man Runs Away
- Lamar Odom makes first public appearance since hospitalization
- Luke's daughter, April, and Mrs. Kim are back for 'Gilmore Girls'
- Kevin Bacon has a creepy kid in the trailer for horror movie 'The Darkness'
- Russell Simmons, Tony Rock to present All Def Movie Awards
- Everything you missed from Kanye West's 'TLOP' premiere
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996