For us players with slow reflexes, the 30 games on Merlin’s Apprentice are gems: Victory requires hours of reflection, not a microsecond of thumb twitching. And while the cryptograms, picture puzzles, and other tests of logic are difficult, they’re not unfair. Unfortunately, unremarkable arcade-style zapping games and mind-numbing memory challenges occupy nearly a third of the disc-space that could have been devoted to more rewarding brain bewitchment. After all, you seek out the legendary magician Merlin for his wizardry, not for his jousting skills. B+
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Trevor Noah to replace Jon Stewart as 'Daily Show' host
- 'Walking Dead': Andrew Lincoln breaks down 'extraordinary' season finale
- 'Walking Dead': Norman Reedus on Daryl's big finale
- 'Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple teases NEXT season
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake accepts iHeart Radio Innovator Award, recalls when 'they called me weird'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!