For us players with slow reflexes, the 30 games on Merlin’s Apprentice are gems: Victory requires hours of reflection, not a microsecond of thumb twitching. And while the cryptograms, picture puzzles, and other tests of logic are difficult, they’re not unfair. Unfortunately, unremarkable arcade-style zapping games and mind-numbing memory challenges occupy nearly a third of the disc-space that could have been devoted to more rewarding brain bewitchment. After all, you seek out the legendary magician Merlin for his wizardry, not for his jousting skills. B+
Posted June 2 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!