For us players with slow reflexes, the 30 games on Merlin’s Apprentice are gems: Victory requires hours of reflection, not a microsecond of thumb twitching. And while the cryptograms, picture puzzles, and other tests of logic are difficult, they’re not unfair. Unfortunately, unremarkable arcade-style zapping games and mind-numbing memory challenges occupy nearly a third of the disc-space that could have been devoted to more rewarding brain bewitchment. After all, you seek out the legendary magician Merlin for his wizardry, not for his jousting skills. B+
Posted June 2 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- Bryce & Chris, Karlie Kloss, Tony & Gaga and More!