For us players with slow reflexes, the 30 games on Merlin’s Apprentice are gems: Victory requires hours of reflection, not a microsecond of thumb twitching. And while the cryptograms, picture puzzles, and other tests of logic are difficult, they’re not unfair. Unfortunately, unremarkable arcade-style zapping games and mind-numbing memory challenges occupy nearly a third of the disc-space that could have been devoted to more rewarding brain bewitchment. After all, you seek out the legendary magician Merlin for his wizardry, not for his jousting skills. B+
Posted June 2 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Meghan Trainor drawn as a 'Peanuts' character
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Beyoncé, Kanye West, Uma Thurman & More!