The second installment of Liza Cody’s Eva Wylie mystery series, Monkey Wrench, has all the spit and grit of her spectacular literary debut, Bucket Nut, but this time out the plot could use a little toning. Wylie, a part-time wrestler and full-time grouser, gets tangled up with a group of London prostitutes who hire her to coach them in self-defense after one of their rank is murdered. The problem is, Eva and her apprentices harbor conflicting ideas about who may have committed the murder and how he should be punished. You’ll close Monkey Wrench wanting more of Eva’s bad attitude and vigilante high jinks, but you’ll also scratch your head, wondering why Cody never spells out exactly whodunit. B
Monkey Wrench The second installment of Liza Cody's Eva Wylie mystery series, Monkey Wrench, has all the spit and grit of her spectacular literary...Monkey WrenchFiction, Mystery and ThrillerLiza Cody The second installment of Liza Cody's Eva Wylie mystery series, Monkey Wrench, has all the spit and grit of her spectacular literary...1995-06-02
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Liza Cody
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Fantastic Four' trailer arrives with hints of Doom
- 'Star Wars: Rogue One' will depict raid to steal original Death Star plans
- 'Furious 7' holds off 'Paul Blart' to win box office for third weekend in a row
- Victoria Justice breaks news to fans on Twitter: 'Eye Candy' canceled by MTV
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis: Now (Tribeca), then ('SNL'), future ('Fletch'?)
- 'Outlander' boss on Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Kellie Pickler, Julia Roberts, Taylor Swift & More!