Until now, the only food for thought on The Simpsons was whether Homer prefers glazed or jelly. But fans are in for a gastronomic treat next season when Paul McCartney and wife Linda weigh in on Lisa’s decision to become a vegetarian. For the McCartneys, it’s a chance ”to spread the vegetarian word to a wider audience,” according to Mrs. McCartney. (The couple was assured that Lisa would remain a non-meat eater in subsequent episodes.) For producer David Mirkin, a self-proclaimed Beatles fanatic, it means all three surviving Beatles have now lent their voices to the show (Ringo Starr did it in 1991 and George Harrison in 1993), but he’s not finished yet. Say Mirkin, ”You never know when we’ll come up with an idea and say, ‘Oh, this will be perfect for Julian.’ ”
Posted June 2 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See 4 never-before-seen images from the illustrated 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'
- 21 things we learned from Lifetime's 'Unauthorized 90210 Story'
- Michael Fassbender 'studied Ashton Kutcher' (not really) for 'Steve Jobs'
- Why Victoria Justice got starstruck at Fashion Week
- Broadway's Cinderella and Prince Hans actor from 'Frozen' tie the knot
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': EW live blog
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': Play People's unofficial drinking game