Until now, the only food for thought on The Simpsons was whether Homer prefers glazed or jelly. But fans are in for a gastronomic treat next season when Paul McCartney and wife Linda weigh in on Lisa’s decision to become a vegetarian. For the McCartneys, it’s a chance ”to spread the vegetarian word to a wider audience,” according to Mrs. McCartney. (The couple was assured that Lisa would remain a non-meat eater in subsequent episodes.) For producer David Mirkin, a self-proclaimed Beatles fanatic, it means all three surviving Beatles have now lent their voices to the show (Ringo Starr did it in 1991 and George Harrison in 1993), but he’s not finished yet. Say Mirkin, ”You never know when we’ll come up with an idea and say, ‘Oh, this will be perfect for Julian.’ ”
Posted June 2 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stan Lee weighs in on the 'Captain America' Hydra twist
- Watch Lady Gaga ride with Mario Andretti at the Indianapolis 500
- 'UnREAL' vs 'Everlasting': New cast members recall their own confusion
- Box office report: 'X-Men: Apocalypse' snuffs 'Alice In Wonderland 2'
- Duncan Jones remembers showing dad David Bowie 'Warcraft'
- Dancing stormtroopers do 'Dirty Dancing' on 'Britain’s Got Talent'
- Jeremy Irons says 'Batman v Superman' was 'overstuffed'
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers