Until now, the only food for thought on The Simpsons was whether Homer prefers glazed or jelly. But fans are in for a gastronomic treat next season when Paul McCartney and wife Linda weigh in on Lisa’s decision to become a vegetarian. For the McCartneys, it’s a chance ”to spread the vegetarian word to a wider audience,” according to Mrs. McCartney. (The couple was assured that Lisa would remain a non-meat eater in subsequent episodes.) For producer David Mirkin, a self-proclaimed Beatles fanatic, it means all three surviving Beatles have now lent their voices to the show (Ringo Starr did it in 1991 and George Harrison in 1993), but he’s not finished yet. Say Mirkin, ”You never know when we’ll come up with an idea and say, ‘Oh, this will be perfect for Julian.’ ”
Posted June 2 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Jurassic World' exhibit will feature life-size animatronic dinosaurs
- Tiffany 'New York' Pollard is hosting a unique gay dating series
- Honest Trailers' take on 'Batman: The Killing Joke' is no laughing matter
- Tilda Swinton talks The Ancient One in 'Doctor Strange' sneak peek video
- J.K. Rowling saw Amy Schumer's stand-up show and loved it
- Adam Scott and Craig Robinson team up for paranormal comedy 'Ghosted'
- EW PopFest: Here's everything you need to know!