Calvin Trillin’s voice is so organic to the American landscape that reading Too Soon To Tell, his current collection of essays, (previously published in Harper’s, The New Yorker, and his syndicated newspaper column) is like hearing the echo of a relative you remember from long ago who would pontificate on just about anything. No matter the subject, Trillin turns the same entertaining, incisive, funny, and eloquent pen to it. Despite the varied subjects, there is a lot of sameness involved. Many of the pieces refer to either Trillin’s wife, daughters, or neighbors. Most rely on his deadpan sense of humor. Still, if he’s gotten a little lazy of late (he has, after all, been traveling the country and recording our foibles for over 30 years), he’s earned it. He is Trillin; hear him quip. A-
Too Soon to Tell Calvin Trillin's voice is so organic to the American landscape that reading Too Soon To Tell, his current collection of essays, ...Too Soon to TellEssaysCalvin Trillin Calvin Trillin's voice is so organic to the American landscape that reading Too Soon To Tell, his current collection of essays, ...1995-06-02
Genre: Essays; Author: Calvin Trillin
Posted June 2 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- Betty White is furious about the killing of Cecil the lion
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!