Although etiquette mavens Elizabeth and Peggy Post prescribe attention to detail, these inheritors of Emily’s mantle offer annoyingly simplistic advice on Emily Post’s Complete Guide to Weddings whose design is confusingly inconsistent. The Posts, who insist that proper couples should request the ”honour” of a guest’s presence, should also have insisted that Weddings’ text blocks not look like ATM receipts. Planning work sheets are the saving grace: You can sample ceremonial music or look at a master budget form that tallies costs from such sections as ”reception” and ”photography.” Nonetheless, an already taxed couple would do better to buy a hardbound wedding planner and spend the difference on the nuptials. C-
Posted June 9 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- MTV's 'Scream' to pay tribute to Wes Craven
- Wes Craven's 5 most twistedly influential films
- A$AP Rocky brings 'L$D' to the VMAs
- Celebrity reactions to Kanye West's MTV VMAs speech
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!