He practically bared all on David Letterman, but NYPD Blue’s Jimmy Smits says he’d rather keep his clothes on. ”Nude scenes aren’t fun,” says Smits, whose Det. Bobby Simone has appeared in the buff two times this season. ”It’s a lot of pressure. Some of the cast wants a StairMaster on the set so you can work out like crazy before your naked scene.” Worse than his bare derriere on TV, says Smits, was his nude scene in My Family. ”All I remember is that we shot this scene for 12 hours. Naked. It was a pain,” he says. ”Now, when I see the scene, I can’t help thinking, this is soooo long.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- Zayn Malik thanks One Direction at event
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- ACM Awards' host Luke Bryan on big stage spotlight: 'It's fun to have a touch of anxiety'
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!