Frat-house guzzlers, don’t bother. The informative, wittily designed Michael Jackson’s The Beer Hunter (when you sign off, you’re presented with a bar tab) is for the aspiring connoisseur of the brewer’s art, with British suds expert Jackson using video clips, photos, narration, and text to detail the history, ingredients, and production of beer. The most useful section is the field guide to beer brewing and tasting across the U.S. In it, Jackson extols each of his 24 favorite microbrewed quaffs with such loving phrases as ”assertive hoppiness” and ”roasty palate.” Worthy of a taproom toast. A-
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Bobbi: 'a really interesting struggle for her'
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!