Neither the unconventional instrumentation (Fareed Haque’s nylon-string guitar, percussionist Cyro Baptiste’s bag of gizmos) nor the global excursions nor the title song’s foray into free jazz on For One Who Knows is the right setting for Javon Jackson, a young tenor saxman who’s at his best blowing straight-ahead bebop (which needs no tinkering). Producer Craig Street should’ve set up mikes, picked sidemen, and let Jackson play. B-
For One Who Knows Neither the unconventional instrumentation (Fareed Haque's nylon-string guitar, percussionist Cyro Baptiste's bag of gizmos) nor the global excursions...For One Who KnowsJazz Neither the unconventional instrumentation (Fareed Haque's nylon-string guitar, percussionist Cyro Baptiste's bag of gizmos) nor the global excursions...1995-06-09
Genre: Jazz; Lead Performer: Javon Jackson; Producer (group): Blue Note
Posted June 9 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday