Neither the unconventional instrumentation (Fareed Haque’s nylon-string guitar, percussionist Cyro Baptiste’s bag of gizmos) nor the global excursions nor the title song’s foray into free jazz on For One Who Knows is the right setting for Javon Jackson, a young tenor saxman who’s at his best blowing straight-ahead bebop (which needs no tinkering). Producer Craig Street should’ve set up mikes, picked sidemen, and let Jackson play. B-
For One Who Knows Neither the unconventional instrumentation (Fareed Haque's nylon-string guitar, percussionist Cyro Baptiste's bag of gizmos) nor the global excursions...For One Who KnowsJazz Neither the unconventional instrumentation (Fareed Haque's nylon-string guitar, percussionist Cyro Baptiste's bag of gizmos) nor the global excursions...1995-06-09
Genre: Jazz; Lead Performer: Javon Jackson; Producer (group): Blue Note
Posted June 9 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!