Neither the unconventional instrumentation (Fareed Haque’s nylon-string guitar, percussionist Cyro Baptiste’s bag of gizmos) nor the global excursions nor the title song’s foray into free jazz on For One Who Knows is the right setting for Javon Jackson, a young tenor saxman who’s at his best blowing straight-ahead bebop (which needs no tinkering). Producer Craig Street should’ve set up mikes, picked sidemen, and let Jackson play. B-
For One Who Knows Neither the unconventional instrumentation (Fareed Haque's nylon-string guitar, percussionist Cyro Baptiste's bag of gizmos) nor the global excursions...For One Who KnowsJazz Neither the unconventional instrumentation (Fareed Haque's nylon-string guitar, percussionist Cyro Baptiste's bag of gizmos) nor the global excursions...1995-06-09
Genre: Jazz; Lead Performer: Javon Jackson; Producer (group): Blue Note
Posted June 9 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Julia Roberts on Garry Marshall: I was lucky 'to have been loved by him'
- Netflix explains why they didn't rescue 'Agent Carter'
- WATCH: Jimmy Kimmel joins the 'Mr. Robot' team
- Will Smith raps 'Miami' at 'Suicide Squad' block party
- What to Watch: A cappella teams fight it out on 'Sing It On'
- 'American Horror Story' teasers released on Snapchat
- 'Black Mirror' casts 'Game of Thrones' actor, sets premiere date
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels