Neither the unconventional instrumentation (Fareed Haque’s nylon-string guitar, percussionist Cyro Baptiste’s bag of gizmos) nor the global excursions nor the title song’s foray into free jazz on For One Who Knows is the right setting for Javon Jackson, a young tenor saxman who’s at his best blowing straight-ahead bebop (which needs no tinkering). Producer Craig Street should’ve set up mikes, picked sidemen, and let Jackson play. B-
For One Who Knows Neither the unconventional instrumentation (Fareed Haque's nylon-string guitar, percussionist Cyro Baptiste's bag of gizmos) nor the global excursions...For One Who KnowsJazz Neither the unconventional instrumentation (Fareed Haque's nylon-string guitar, percussionist Cyro Baptiste's bag of gizmos) nor the global excursions...1995-06-09
Genre: Jazz; Lead Performer: Javon Jackson; Producer (group): Blue Note
Posted June 9 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Lip Sync Battle' bringing back celebrity champs for first live special
- Explicit photos of Leslie Jones leaked after website hack
- Ryan Lochte in talks to join 'Dancing with the Stars'
- 'Dirk Gently' teaser promises corpses, cops, and a killer
- New York Film Festival: Carrie Fisher film joins documentary lineup
- 'The Royals' gets season 3 premiere date, shirtless Prince Liam pics
- Starz renews 'Survivor's Remorse' for season 4
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...