And ready to bore. Robert Altman’s Ready to Wear is a mean-spirited look at the fashion world, set on and around the Paris runways. It is filled with dog-poop jokes and a lot of hand-me-downs from other Altman movies, as well as the revelation — quelle surprise! — that nearly everyone in the business is a heel. The star-laden cast, including Kim Basinger, Marcello Mastroianni, and Sophia Loren, can’t manage ensemble playing amid all the ego massage. This frumpy old frock of a film pathetically tries to pass itself off as couture. Video, on which the quick and the slick thrive, makes the lack of oomph even more painfully evident. F
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Sophia Loren, Marcello Mastroianni, Kim Basinger, Rupert Everett, Richard E. Grant, Linda Hunt, Sally Kellerman, Stephen Rea, Tim Robbins, Julia Roberts, Tracey Ullman, Forest Whitaker; Guest Performer: Björk, Cher; Director: Robert Altman; Author: Robert Altman, Barbara Shulgasser; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Miramax
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- What we're reading now: Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin
- Trevor Noah eyed as 'Daily Show' host?
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller Kate & Kate and More!