That’s Sinbad as in ”the sailor,” of course, not the comedian. But, that blessing aside, The Sinbad Collection featuring special effects from stop-motion pioneer Ray Harryhausen is not the man’s best work. Granted, 1958’s The 7th Voyage of Sinbad is a wonderful kids’ flick, but it’s seen here in an often washed-out print. And while The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (1974) has its moments (including a flying homunculus), Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger (1977) unfortunately features an animated baboon that looks as if it learned to scratch at the Actors Studio. Bonus: footage of Harryhausen receiving his 1991 Oscar, as host Tom Hanks rates Jason and the Argonauts over Citizen Kane. B
The Sinbad Collection That's Sinbad as in ''the sailor,'' of course, not the comedian. But, that blessing aside, The Sinbad Collection featuring special...The Sinbad CollectionAction/AdventureG That's Sinbad as in ''the sailor,'' of course, not the comedian. But, that blessing aside, The Sinbad Collection featuring special...1995-06-09
Genre: Action/Adventure; MPAA Rating: G
Posted June 9 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Fall 2015 TV pilots: Updated full list
- Kanye West tweets apologies to Beck and Bruno Mars
- 'Agents of SHIELD' unveils new poster art: Here's 'Aftershocks'
- Elizabeth Hurley gets slap happy in 'Royals' clip: First Look
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller Wake halts production due to lack of funding
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in new issue of comic book
- 'Grey's Anatomy': What's next for Amelia and Owen?
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!