It took Steven Spielberg’s clout — and an unusual promise — to get pals Clint Eastwood and Mel Gibson to make cameos in Casper. ”The deal was that Steven [who is an exec producer] told them, ‘I’m going to do a cameo. Will you?”’ says Casper director Brad Silberling. Unfortunately, it was Silberling who had to inform his boss he was being left on the cutting-room floor. ”Our montage of cameos was getting long,” he says. ”I had to tell Steven, ‘You’re not the strongest of the group.”’ Spielberg took the edit in stride. ”Steven was sort of relieved,” adds Silberling. ”He felt compelled to do the cameo since he asked for favors, but he’s not an actor. Doing the cameo, he was as nervous as anything. He was shaking.”
Posted June 9 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- USA Women win soccer's World Cup: Celebs on Twitter say...
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner's postmortem on season finale: 'I’m just very proud of it'
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!