It took Steven Spielberg’s clout — and an unusual promise — to get pals Clint Eastwood and Mel Gibson to make cameos in Casper. ”The deal was that Steven [who is an exec producer] told them, ‘I’m going to do a cameo. Will you?”’ says Casper director Brad Silberling. Unfortunately, it was Silberling who had to inform his boss he was being left on the cutting-room floor. ”Our montage of cameos was getting long,” he says. ”I had to tell Steven, ‘You’re not the strongest of the group.”’ Spielberg took the edit in stride. ”Steven was sort of relieved,” adds Silberling. ”He felt compelled to do the cameo since he asked for favors, but he’s not an actor. Doing the cameo, he was as nervous as anything. He was shaking.”
Posted June 9 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See an exclusive poster and trailer for thriller 'Partisan'
- 'Scandal's' Huck and Quinn have some dark plans for Gonzo in 'Muppets' teaser
- Bette Midler wants to play Amy Schumer and Jennifer Lawrence’s mom
- El-P on 'Meow the Jewels': 'Let's fight injustice with pure, annoying stupidity'
- Demi Lovato, The Weeknd announced as 'SNL' musical guests
- ‘Concussion’ director: Film not ‘intended to take down the NFL’
- 'SNL' announces Miley Cyrus will be musical guest for season premiere
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Victoria Justice, Laura & Andrew, Rihanna and More!