It took Steven Spielberg’s clout — and an unusual promise — to get pals Clint Eastwood and Mel Gibson to make cameos in Casper. ”The deal was that Steven [who is an exec producer] told them, ‘I’m going to do a cameo. Will you?”’ says Casper director Brad Silberling. Unfortunately, it was Silberling who had to inform his boss he was being left on the cutting-room floor. ”Our montage of cameos was getting long,” he says. ”I had to tell Steven, ‘You’re not the strongest of the group.”’ Spielberg took the edit in stride. ”Steven was sort of relieved,” adds Silberling. ”He felt compelled to do the cameo since he asked for favors, but he’s not an actor. Doing the cameo, he was as nervous as anything. He was shaking.”
Posted June 9 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Game of Thrones': Red Wedding actor breaks silence on surprise return
- 'Game of Thrones' producer on the return of THAT character
- Madonna fires back at BET after Twitter diss: 'I will shade you'
- Here's how Mindy Kaling pranked B.J. Novak on 'The Office'
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros host vow renewal at N.C. show
- Hugh Jackman congratulates class of 2016 with graduation throwback pic
- 'Kung Fury' director teases a sequel
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers