It took Steven Spielberg’s clout — and an unusual promise — to get pals Clint Eastwood and Mel Gibson to make cameos in Casper. ”The deal was that Steven [who is an exec producer] told them, ‘I’m going to do a cameo. Will you?”’ says Casper director Brad Silberling. Unfortunately, it was Silberling who had to inform his boss he was being left on the cutting-room floor. ”Our montage of cameos was getting long,” he says. ”I had to tell Steven, ‘You’re not the strongest of the group.”’ Spielberg took the edit in stride. ”Steven was sort of relieved,” adds Silberling. ”He felt compelled to do the cameo since he asked for favors, but he’s not an actor. Doing the cameo, he was as nervous as anything. He was shaking.”
Posted June 9 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Quentin Tarantino to release two cuts of 'The Hateful Eight'
- 'Bridget Jones's Baby' release date set for September 2016
- Eddie Murphy explains why he didn't mock Bill Cosby on 'SNL' special
- 'Quantico' scores full season order from ABC
- Steve Wozniak explains what’s real and what’s fake in 'Steve Jobs'
- Todrick Hall releases 'Hocus Pocus' spoof
- Donald Trump to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- 25 Unforgettable Dresses From the Past 25 Years
- Box Office Flops: 19 Notorious Opening Weekends
- EW's 25 Best Movies in 25 Years
- EW Reunions: Bonus portraits of your favorite TV and movie casts
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Exclusive Storyboard Illustrations From Season 6
- Cast Reunions: See Costars Then And Now