Adding a touch of refinement to the Net, Body & Grace: American Ballet Theatre spotlights the dancers of the ABT, gracefully captured in 30 black-and-white images by Nancy Ellison. With the troupe’s principals posed in character and the others in movements they’ve personally chosen to express themselves (with title-heavy bios only aficionados could appreciate), each embodies a fluid beauty, impeded only by the graphical limits of a computer monitor. But it’s the additional photos from productions dating back to the ’40s that fully illustrate the ABT’s rich 55-year history. Accessed via the Photo Perspectives Museum, Body & Grace is worthy of a standing ovation. B+
Posted June 16 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- WATCH: 'The Originals' cast discusses the 5-year time jump
- WATCH: 'Once Upon a Time' star: 'We're all facing our own baggage'
- 'Lucifer': Mom is 'hell-bent on revenge'
- WATCH: 'Prison Break' star Wentworth Miller on escaping... again
- Keegan-Michael Key, 'Serial' host Sarah Keonig to guest on 'Son of Zorn'
- WATCH: Benedict Cumberbatch teases 'Doctor Strange'
- WATCH: 'Guardians 2' director teases Kurt Russell character