Adding a touch of refinement to the Net, Body & Grace: American Ballet Theatre spotlights the dancers of the ABT, gracefully captured in 30 black-and-white images by Nancy Ellison. With the troupe’s principals posed in character and the others in movements they’ve personally chosen to express themselves (with title-heavy bios only aficionados could appreciate), each embodies a fluid beauty, impeded only by the graphical limits of a computer monitor. But it’s the additional photos from productions dating back to the ’40s that fully illustrate the ABT’s rich 55-year history. Accessed via the Photo Perspectives Museum, Body & Grace is worthy of a standing ovation. B+
Posted June 16 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ranking the endings of every 'Fast & Furious' film
- Mandy Moore posts throwback picture from 'A Walk to Remember'
- WATCH: Geena Davis originally wanted to play Louise in 'Thelma & Louise'
- Remembering Prince: 1958-2016
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Karin Slaughter's 'The Kept Woman'
- Chadwick Boseman on his Black Panther accent, dream to play superhero
- Quiz: Can you match these cats to their movies?