Adding a touch of refinement to the Net, Body & Grace: American Ballet Theatre spotlights the dancers of the ABT, gracefully captured in 30 black-and-white images by Nancy Ellison. With the troupe’s principals posed in character and the others in movements they’ve personally chosen to express themselves (with title-heavy bios only aficionados could appreciate), each embodies a fluid beauty, impeded only by the graphical limits of a computer monitor. But it’s the additional photos from productions dating back to the ’40s that fully illustrate the ABT’s rich 55-year history. Accessed via the Photo Perspectives Museum, Body & Grace is worthy of a standing ovation. B+
Posted June 16 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Skrillex + Diplo release Jack U debut
- 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett on the power of Jamal's coming-out
- 'Focus' aims to lift box office crown from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on that killer finale and what's next
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!