The setting for the adult brain twister Jewels of the Oracle is an ancient underground well adorned with pre-Sumerian hieroglyphs. By pressing stones and solving puzzles, you accumulate gems. Despite some clever conundrums and animated 3-D embellishments, going back to the same well every time gets a little dry. Jewels’ designers obviously were trying for another Myst, but what they’ve created is a very pretty game without Myst’s Shakespearean subplot. Working your way through its 24 puzzle rooms ultimately feels claustrophobic. B-
Posted June 16 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Deadpool makes a cameo in new 'Fantastic Four' trailer
- Drake disses Meek Mill during OVO Fest set
- Ellen DeGeneres tweets support for Amy Schumer after gun control speech
- 'Significant Mother' react: What did you think?
- Casting Net: Ali Larter returns for 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter'
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are divorcing