The setting for the adult brain twister Jewels of the Oracle is an ancient underground well adorned with pre-Sumerian hieroglyphs. By pressing stones and solving puzzles, you accumulate gems. Despite some clever conundrums and animated 3-D embellishments, going back to the same well every time gets a little dry. Jewels’ designers obviously were trying for another Myst, but what they’ve created is a very pretty game without Myst’s Shakespearean subplot. Working your way through its 24 puzzle rooms ultimately feels claustrophobic. B-
Posted June 16 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Game of Thrones' star Maisie Williams speaks: The ultimate Arya interview
- Herman Wouk to release memoir in honor of 100th birthday
- Billy Eichner and Martin Short yell at strangers—for a good cause
- 'Wet Hot American Summer': A first look at the Netflix revival with Bradley Cooper, Amy Poehler and Elizabeth Banks
- Watch Weird Al portray Jesus Christ in a silent film
- Lionsgate developing 'Now You See Me 3'
- Danny Trejo joins 'From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series': First Look
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!