The setting for the adult brain twister Jewels of the Oracle is an ancient underground well adorned with pre-Sumerian hieroglyphs. By pressing stones and solving puzzles, you accumulate gems. Despite some clever conundrums and animated 3-D embellishments, going back to the same well every time gets a little dry. Jewels’ designers obviously were trying for another Myst, but what they’ve created is a very pretty game without Myst’s Shakespearean subplot. Working your way through its 24 puzzle rooms ultimately feels claustrophobic. B-
Posted June 16 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce' season 2 premiere react: Abby gets schooled in divorce
- New 'X-Files' promo asks, 'Are we being lied to?'
- 'Real Housewives' star Yolanda Foster and music producer David Foster are divorcing
- Morrissey wins the award for the worst sex writing
- Helen Mirren in talks to join Will Smith in 'Collateral Beauty'
- Nicholas Brendon opens up about suicide attempt on 'Dr. Phil'
- What if Peter Griffin was the voice of Chewbacca?