The setting for the adult brain twister Jewels of the Oracle is an ancient underground well adorned with pre-Sumerian hieroglyphs. By pressing stones and solving puzzles, you accumulate gems. Despite some clever conundrums and animated 3-D embellishments, going back to the same well every time gets a little dry. Jewels’ designers obviously were trying for another Myst, but what they’ve created is a very pretty game without Myst’s Shakespearean subplot. Working your way through its 24 puzzle rooms ultimately feels claustrophobic. B-
Posted June 16 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'