Planning to see The Bridges of Madison County? Don’t forget your hankie. Audience members polled at Chicago’s Biograph theater on opening night declared the Meryl Streep-Clint Eastwood romance a bona fide tearjerker. The surprise? It’s not just women who are left sobbing in the aisles. In fact, 66 percent of the men polled said they teared up. ”I’m so embarrassed,” said a personal trainer, who admitted he dried his eyes with a used popcorn napkin. ”This got to me even more than Rocky III.” Of course, there were those who had a personal agenda: ”I went to this chick movie. Now my wife owes me Die Hard With a Vengeance.” Then again, every crowd has its cynic. ”I don’t get all these weepers,” sneered one guy. ”It’s a movie about an older guy taking pictures. There’s no action. There wasn’t even a Batman preview. I mean, it wasn’t like Field of Dreams. That made me cry. That’s about something big. Baseball.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Bruce Jenner interview draws 16.9M viewers; best Friday night non-sports TV ratings since '03
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens': Daisy Ridley reveals Rey secrets
- Bruce Jenner reality series will debut on E! in July
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'