Jim Varney’s seventh romp as Southern-fried peabrain Ernest P. Worrell hits a new low in stupidity — and a new high in schmaltz. Our hero is stuck on the bench in a basketball league until an archangel (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar) gives him magical sneakers that enable Ernest to sky even higher than Air Jordan. Building to the obligatory Big Game, the moronic Slam Dunk Ernest, a direct-to-video comedy, makes a show of sending kids a message (shoes don’t win games, teamwork does). But what it’s mostly about is Varney making his goofy faces in front of a fish-eye lens. D
Slam Dunk Ernest Jim Varney's seventh romp as Southern-fried peabrain Ernest P. Worrell hits a new low in stupidity — and a new high in schmaltz. Our hero is stuck...Slam Dunk ErnestComedyPG Jim Varney's seventh romp as Southern-fried peabrain Ernest P. Worrell hits a new low in stupidity — and a new high in schmaltz. Our hero is stuck...1995-06-16
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Jim Varney; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted June 16 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!