Boxing Helena, the infamous soft-core porn flick about a surgeon who dismembers the object of his desire, is a drag, even in the version found in this insanely deluxe laserdisc set. True, the sex scenes run longer now, but since they play like bad Bryan Ferry videos, that’s hardly a plus. And the bonuses (including the shooting script, commentary by director Jennifer Chambers Lynch, and a music CD) aren’t too illuminating, particularly the interview with the designer of the box that makes Sherilyn Fenn appear limbless, John Gaughan, who pointedly declines to show how the trick works. C+
Posted June 23 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Diana Douglas, mother of Michael Douglas and ex-wife of Kirk Douglas, dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- Bubba Watson says he's removing Confederate flag from his 'Dukes of Hazzard' car
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!