Boxing Helena, the infamous soft-core porn flick about a surgeon who dismembers the object of his desire, is a drag, even in the version found in this insanely deluxe laserdisc set. True, the sex scenes run longer now, but since they play like bad Bryan Ferry videos, that’s hardly a plus. And the bonuses (including the shooting script, commentary by director Jennifer Chambers Lynch, and a music CD) aren’t too illuminating, particularly the interview with the designer of the box that makes Sherilyn Fenn appear limbless, John Gaughan, who pointedly declines to show how the trick works. C+
Posted June 23 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Five Questions From Transparent's Season 2 Premiere
- Gotham Awards 2015: 'Spotlight,' 'Tangerine' top the winners list
- Reese Witherspoon developing movie about Barbie creator, with an eye to star
- Casting Net: Alicia Vikander joins James McAvoy in romantic thriller
- The Avengers get rom-com treatment in remix video
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'
- J.J. Abrams says screening 'Force Awakens' for Disney bosses was 'horrifying'