Boxing Helena, the infamous soft-core porn flick about a surgeon who dismembers the object of his desire, is a drag, even in the version found in this insanely deluxe laserdisc set. True, the sex scenes run longer now, but since they play like bad Bryan Ferry videos, that’s hardly a plus. And the bonuses (including the shooting script, commentary by director Jennifer Chambers Lynch, and a music CD) aren’t too illuminating, particularly the interview with the designer of the box that makes Sherilyn Fenn appear limbless, John Gaughan, who pointedly declines to show how the trick works. C+
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Walking Dead' star Steven Yeun previews season finale
- Outlander exclusive featurette: Find out what married life is like for Jamie and Claire
- Andy Grammer checks in: What it's like touring with his hit ‘Honey, I’m Good’ -- exclusive
- Rihanna's 'BBHMM' was co-produced by Kanye West
- Are your old Harry Potter books worth anything?
- Blur is back: Watch first live performance of 'Go Out'
- Jason Jones says goodbye to 'The Daily Show'
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Moss, Ben Affleck & More!