On Gone Glimmering, the follow-up to Chavez’s lauded debut single, the New York City outfit’s weapons of choice are near-ethereal melody and edgy noise, which alternately enmesh and vie for prominence (occasionally at the expense of the vocals). Enveloping all this is a feverish, unremitting energy that keeps things exciting throughout. B+
Posted June 23 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Someone put Nicolas Cage's face on every 'Game of Thrones' character
- How 'Terminator: Genisys' re-created 1984 Arnold Schwarzenegger for the summer's coolest fight scene
- Demi Lovato drops infectious new track, 'Cool For The Summer'
- John Green reveals the inspiration behind 'Paper Towns' — exclusive
- Jon Hamm introduces a montage of Jon Stewart's most memorable musical moments
- ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ off TV Land schedule
- Fox News says Kendrick Lamar's BET performance incites violence
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Lupita Nyong'o, Amber Heard, Rosario Dawson & More!