On Gone Glimmering, the follow-up to Chavez’s lauded debut single, the New York City outfit’s weapons of choice are near-ethereal melody and edgy noise, which alternately enmesh and vie for prominence (occasionally at the expense of the vocals). Enveloping all this is a feverish, unremitting energy that keeps things exciting throughout. B+
Posted June 23 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- DreamWorks nabs film rights for Dennis Lehane's next novel, 'Since We Fell'
- Tracy Morgan does stand-up for first time since accident
- Mulder and Scully get animated in teaser for 'The X-Files' revival
- The most awkward 'Awkward' moments from 'The Big Reveal'
- Felicity Huffman's 'House of Moore' gets put pilot deal at ABC
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen are having a baby
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' premiere ratings high, but not as high as 'Freak Show'