On Gone Glimmering, the follow-up to Chavez’s lauded debut single, the New York City outfit’s weapons of choice are near-ethereal melody and edgy noise, which alternately enmesh and vie for prominence (occasionally at the expense of the vocals). Enveloping all this is a feverish, unremitting energy that keeps things exciting throughout. B+
Posted June 23 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Academy head on 'Birth of a Nation': People need to judge the movie
- Sam Mendes, Nick Hornby in talks for live-action 'James and the Giant Peach'
- Vincent D'Onofrio, Dean Norris join Eli Roth's 'Death Wish' remake
- Tim Kaine attacks Donald Trump for calling Hillary Clinton a 'bigot'
- Helen Mirren in talks for Disney's 'Nutcracker and the Four Realms'
- Eva Longoria to direct 'Jane the Virgin' episode
- Rio police charge Ryan Lochte with making false robbery report