If, to you, the ’60s is a decade to revere and mythologize, the two disc Haight-Ashbury in the Sixties! will, like, blow your mind. With music by the Grateful Dead, you’re transported back to a persistent swirl of rampant psychedelia, the San Franciscan kind — with Day-Glo colors and undulating shapes. Meet a nun who adored pot brownies. In a narrated history, hear about an unrealized plan to form a human pentagram of spell-casting hippies around the Pentagon. Click on the ”Tune In” mode and see old news footage of author Ken Kesey. Yes, there should have been more about the hows and whys of wild drugs and free love, but here is a monument to a supposedly unfettered people, created with more than enough peace and love. B+
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Casting Net: Courtney Love, Timothy Hutton, Giancarlo Esposito join James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Nicki Minaj joins 'Barbershop 3' cast
- 'Forever' sneak peek: John Noble puts Henry to a test he nearly fails
- 'Late Show' sneak peek: President Obama, David Letterman make retirement plans
- 'The Flash': Iris confronts Barry with the truth
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Fish Mooney's fate as 'Gotham' wraps season 1
- Orlando Jones exits 'Sleepy Hollow'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!