If Richard Gere is around, women spring to attention. Literally. On the Chicago set of Gere’s upcoming courtroom thriller, Primal Fear, costar Laura Linney (Congo) reports that females straining to catch a glimpse of the 45-year-old star would often resort to flight. ”I didn’t have to ask where Richard was,” says Linney. ”All I would have to do was look down at the jumping feet. Some days, women were up and down like pogo sticks.” Gere, whose First Knight opens July 7, responded graciously, Linney adds: ”He signed autographs and smiled a lot. I expected some of the women to pass out.” Well, the air is thinner up there.
Posted June 23 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kings of Leon confirms 7th studio album is on the way
- 'Agent Carter' exclusive: Who's returning for season 2?
- Who should replace Donald Trump as host of 'The Apprentice'?
- Donald Trump is suing Univision
- You can now listen to Matt Bomer cover D'Angelo
- 'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' comics are coming: EW exclusive reveal of Green Ranger cover
- Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner to divorce
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in new EW portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!