If Richard Gere is around, women spring to attention. Literally. On the Chicago set of Gere’s upcoming courtroom thriller, Primal Fear, costar Laura Linney (Congo) reports that females straining to catch a glimpse of the 45-year-old star would often resort to flight. ”I didn’t have to ask where Richard was,” says Linney. ”All I would have to do was look down at the jumping feet. Some days, women were up and down like pogo sticks.” Gere, whose First Knight opens July 7, responded graciously, Linney adds: ”He signed autographs and smiled a lot. I expected some of the women to pass out.” Well, the air is thinner up there.
Posted June 23 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Drake disses Meek Mill during OVO Fest set
- Ellen DeGeneres tweets support for Amy Schumer after gun control speech
- 'Significant Mother' react: What did you think?
- Casting Net: Ali Larter returns for 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter'
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are divorcing
- 'Supergirl' taps Jenna Dewan-Tatum as Lucy Lane