If Richard Gere is around, women spring to attention. Literally. On the Chicago set of Gere’s upcoming courtroom thriller, Primal Fear, costar Laura Linney (Congo) reports that females straining to catch a glimpse of the 45-year-old star would often resort to flight. ”I didn’t have to ask where Richard was,” says Linney. ”All I would have to do was look down at the jumping feet. Some days, women were up and down like pogo sticks.” Gere, whose First Knight opens July 7, responded graciously, Linney adds: ”He signed autographs and smiled a lot. I expected some of the women to pass out.” Well, the air is thinner up there.
Posted June 23 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- John Stamos is 'heartbroken' the Olsen twins won't be on 'Fuller House'
- This was Chris Pratt's craziest day on the set of 'Jurassic World'
- Why Michael Fassbender loves taking risks
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!