If Richard Gere is around, women spring to attention. Literally. On the Chicago set of Gere’s upcoming courtroom thriller, Primal Fear, costar Laura Linney (Congo) reports that females straining to catch a glimpse of the 45-year-old star would often resort to flight. ”I didn’t have to ask where Richard was,” says Linney. ”All I would have to do was look down at the jumping feet. Some days, women were up and down like pogo sticks.” Gere, whose First Knight opens July 7, responded graciously, Linney adds: ”He signed autographs and smiled a lot. I expected some of the women to pass out.” Well, the air is thinner up there.
Posted June 23 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- USA picks up Ryan Phillippe-starring 'Shooter' to series
- 'The Walking Dead': See the first 4 minutes of the midseason premiere
- How Sarah Wayne Callies saved Carol on 'The Walking Dead'
- Samuel L. Jackson circling role in Stephen King's 'Revival'
- Director of R-rated 'Deadpool' is a great big softy: 'I cry easily'
- Daniel Radcliffe to star in Amazon-set thriller 'Jungle'
- Tilda Swinton is the woman of the century in 'A Bigger Splash' trailer
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday