If Richard Gere is around, women spring to attention. Literally. On the Chicago set of Gere’s upcoming courtroom thriller, Primal Fear, costar Laura Linney (Congo) reports that females straining to catch a glimpse of the 45-year-old star would often resort to flight. ”I didn’t have to ask where Richard was,” says Linney. ”All I would have to do was look down at the jumping feet. Some days, women were up and down like pogo sticks.” Gere, whose First Knight opens July 7, responded graciously, Linney adds: ”He signed autographs and smiled a lot. I expected some of the women to pass out.” Well, the air is thinner up there.
Posted June 23 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Andrew Garfield to star in crime thriller from 'It Follows' director
- 'NCIS': Try not to get emotional watching this goodbye clip for Tony DiNozzo
- Laverne Cox will sit down with Megyn Kelly for Fox special
- The Rolling Stones request Donald Trump stop using their songs
- Seth MacFarlane to create and star in space-set dramedy series
- Viola Davis on Harriet Tubman movie: 'I feel like it's our time'
- Roland Emmerich on why 'Independence Day: Resurgence' took 20 years