Stereolab, the dream-poppy British band, made its Stateside splash last year with Mars Audiac Quintet. The weird magic is intact, if less developed, on The Groop Played ”Space Age Bachelor Pad Music” and Pong!, the domestic reissues of earlier U.K. indie projects. Between the sensual vocals and loopy pop-rock rhythms, Stereolab makes an entrancingly creepy sort of mock-retro-pop. B+
Posted June 23 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Who's gone from the Academy?
- 'Walking Dead' prologue scene sets up Negan, second half of season 6
- 'The Walking Dead': Did the midseason finale satisfy?
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal
- Sinead O’Connor found safe after posting that she had ‘taken an overdose'
- See Tracee Ellis Ross perform on stage with mom Diana Ross
- John Legend serenades Chrissy Teigen for her 30th birthday