Stereolab, the dream-poppy British band, made its Stateside splash last year with Mars Audiac Quintet. The weird magic is intact, if less developed, on The Groop Played ”Space Age Bachelor Pad Music” and Pong!, the domestic reissues of earlier U.K. indie projects. Between the sensual vocals and loopy pop-rock rhythms, Stereolab makes an entrancingly creepy sort of mock-retro-pop. B+
Posted June 23 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Best moments from 'Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular'
- Kelly Rutherford reunites with her kids
- Ed Sheeran breaks out his British red coat for Taylor Swift’s Fourth of July party
- Billy Joel's surprise July 4 wedding
- Penn & Teller reveal the craziest tricks from their upcoming Broadway show
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!