Stereolab, the dream-poppy British band, made its Stateside splash last year with Mars Audiac Quintet. The weird magic is intact, if less developed, on The Groop Played ”Space Age Bachelor Pad Music” and Pong!, the domestic reissues of earlier U.K. indie projects. Between the sensual vocals and loopy pop-rock rhythms, Stereolab makes an entrancingly creepy sort of mock-retro-pop. B+
Posted June 23 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to Led Zeppelin's Lost 'Sunshine Woman' Track
- Ava DuVernay tweets support for Leslie Jones: 'Stay up, sis'
- Here's why Giancarlo Esposito turned down a Marvel TV role
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good
- Woody Allen on Dylan Farrow accusations: 'I get harassed all the time on it'