Stereolab, the dream-poppy British band, made its Stateside splash last year with Mars Audiac Quintet. The weird magic is intact, if less developed, on The Groop Played ”Space Age Bachelor Pad Music” and Pong!, the domestic reissues of earlier U.K. indie projects. Between the sensual vocals and loopy pop-rock rhythms, Stereolab makes an entrancingly creepy sort of mock-retro-pop. B+
Posted June 23 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Barack Obama crashes Stephen Colbert's post-Super Bowl 'Late Show'
- Twitter finds unofficial Super Bowl mascot in diarrhea medication ad
- Schick channels 'Transformers' for Super Bowl 50 ad
- Taraji P. Henson confuses Coldplay with Maroon 5: 'Oooooooopppps. Lmao!'
- These are the best Super Bowl 50 halftime show GIFs
- Psylocke swoops in during 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Super Bowl teaser
- See all the movie trailers that aired during Super Bowl 50