Stereolab, the dream-poppy British band, made its Stateside splash last year with Mars Audiac Quintet. The weird magic is intact, if less developed, on The Groop Played ”Space Age Bachelor Pad Music” and Pong!, the domestic reissues of earlier U.K. indie projects. Between the sensual vocals and loopy pop-rock rhythms, Stereolab makes an entrancingly creepy sort of mock-retro-pop. B+
Posted June 23 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Tonight Show': Margot Robbie plays Jinx Challenge with Jimmy Fallon
- Vin Diesel reaches 100 million likes on Facebook
- Radiohead deliver dark lullabies and classic songs at Lollapalooza
- Matt Damon talks possible next Bourne film: 'It's definitely open'
- Fred Armisen to guest on 'Son of Zorn'
- Watch Kelly Clarkson adorably forget the lyrics to her songs
- Katy Perry reveals which line of her DNC speech Orlando Bloom wrote