When the President talks, does Hollywood listen? Last week Bill Clinton noted that Air Force Capt. Scott O’Grady’s rescue story would make a great movie, but so far the major networks say they have no plans to heed Clinton’s advice. Some producers, though, think the story has potential. ”We’re considering it,” says Zev Braun, who made Menendez: A Killing in Beverly Hills. The big question: Who will portray the hero? While Braun suggests Wings stars Tim Daly or Steven Weber, Howard Braunstein (Amy Fisher: My Story) thinks it should be Luke Perry. And Forrest Gump producer Steve Tisch votes for the big-screen presence of Keanu Reeves. Any truth to the reports that a certain actor who once played a fighter pilot wants the part? ”It’s a compelling story — and I’m glad the guy’s safe,” says Tom Cruise via a spokeswoman from the London set of Mission: Impossible, ”but I’m not interested.”
Posted June 23 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher got married this weekend
- Blur's Damon Albarn carried offstage at Denmark fest
- Someone made a cool trailer for Netflix's 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' -- but it wasn't Netflix
- 'The Walking Dead' showrunner says comic backstory will be revealed in season 6
- Ridley Scott talks turning Philip K. Dick's 'The Man in the High Castle' into 10-episode series
- Exclusive: Subway tunnel rave turns deadly in 'Survive the Night' trailer
- 'Edward Scissorhands' 25th anniversary Blu-ray: New details
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!