When the President talks, does Hollywood listen? Last week Bill Clinton noted that Air Force Capt. Scott O’Grady’s rescue story would make a great movie, but so far the major networks say they have no plans to heed Clinton’s advice. Some producers, though, think the story has potential. ”We’re considering it,” says Zev Braun, who made Menendez: A Killing in Beverly Hills. The big question: Who will portray the hero? While Braun suggests Wings stars Tim Daly or Steven Weber, Howard Braunstein (Amy Fisher: My Story) thinks it should be Luke Perry. And Forrest Gump producer Steve Tisch votes for the big-screen presence of Keanu Reeves. Any truth to the reports that a certain actor who once played a fighter pilot wants the part? ”It’s a compelling story — and I’m glad the guy’s safe,” says Tom Cruise via a spokeswoman from the London set of Mission: Impossible, ”but I’m not interested.”
Posted June 23 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Adele invites Adele drag impersonator on stage
- Seth Meyers takes A Closer Look at day 2 of the DNC & that giant joint
- Kanye West: 'I am so glad my wife has Snapchat'
- 'The Great Wall': 5 images from the Matt Damon monster movie
- Trevor Noah: Donald Trump's role models are Putin, Hussein, Kim Jong Un
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Fallon play Box of Lies
- Barack Obama slams Donald Trump at DNC: 'We don’t look to be ruled'
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels