When the President talks, does Hollywood listen? Last week Bill Clinton noted that Air Force Capt. Scott O’Grady’s rescue story would make a great movie, but so far the major networks say they have no plans to heed Clinton’s advice. Some producers, though, think the story has potential. ”We’re considering it,” says Zev Braun, who made Menendez: A Killing in Beverly Hills. The big question: Who will portray the hero? While Braun suggests Wings stars Tim Daly or Steven Weber, Howard Braunstein (Amy Fisher: My Story) thinks it should be Luke Perry. And Forrest Gump producer Steve Tisch votes for the big-screen presence of Keanu Reeves. Any truth to the reports that a certain actor who once played a fighter pilot wants the part? ”It’s a compelling story — and I’m glad the guy’s safe,” says Tom Cruise via a spokeswoman from the London set of Mission: Impossible, ”but I’m not interested.”
Posted June 23 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Let's rank the 'Mission: Impossible' movies
- Guess which celebrities wrote these children's books
- J.K. Rowling thanks fans for birthday wishes and support
- Here’s how Neville Longbottom wished J.K. Rowling a Happy Birthday
- The time J.J. Abrams broke his back trying to help Harrison Ford
- Are you smarter than a Whoopi Goldberg impersonator?
- 50 things we love about J.K. Rowling for her 50th birthday
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Helen Mirren, Tom Cruise, The Baldwins & More!