When the President talks, does Hollywood listen? Last week Bill Clinton noted that Air Force Capt. Scott O’Grady’s rescue story would make a great movie, but so far the major networks say they have no plans to heed Clinton’s advice. Some producers, though, think the story has potential. ”We’re considering it,” says Zev Braun, who made Menendez: A Killing in Beverly Hills. The big question: Who will portray the hero? While Braun suggests Wings stars Tim Daly or Steven Weber, Howard Braunstein (Amy Fisher: My Story) thinks it should be Luke Perry. And Forrest Gump producer Steve Tisch votes for the big-screen presence of Keanu Reeves. Any truth to the reports that a certain actor who once played a fighter pilot wants the part? ”It’s a compelling story — and I’m glad the guy’s safe,” says Tom Cruise via a spokeswoman from the London set of Mission: Impossible, ”but I’m not interested.”
Posted June 23 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles