When the President talks, does Hollywood listen? Last week Bill Clinton noted that Air Force Capt. Scott O’Grady’s rescue story would make a great movie, but so far the major networks say they have no plans to heed Clinton’s advice. Some producers, though, think the story has potential. ”We’re considering it,” says Zev Braun, who made Menendez: A Killing in Beverly Hills. The big question: Who will portray the hero? While Braun suggests Wings stars Tim Daly or Steven Weber, Howard Braunstein (Amy Fisher: My Story) thinks it should be Luke Perry. And Forrest Gump producer Steve Tisch votes for the big-screen presence of Keanu Reeves. Any truth to the reports that a certain actor who once played a fighter pilot wants the part? ”It’s a compelling story — and I’m glad the guy’s safe,” says Tom Cruise via a spokeswoman from the London set of Mission: Impossible, ”but I’m not interested.”
Posted June 23 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Exorcist' cast reveals creepy activity on series set
- 'Edge of Tomorrow 2' is 'a sequel that's a prequel,' director says
- Destiny's Child fans freak out over new official Instagram account
- Preview Stephen King's children's book 'Charlie the Choo-Choo'
- Leslie Odom Jr. performs Sara Bareilles’ powerful election anthem
- 'This Is Us' star Chrissy Metz on Kate's reveal about Jack
- Kid Cudi responds to Drake diss: 'Say it to my face'