Though it celebrates superlatives, The 1995 Guinness Multimedia Disc of Records feels like a halfhearted effort. Is Mount Everest 29,029 feet tall, or is it 29,078? Depends which entry you call up. Perplexed by the way the program disappears from the screen a second or two at a time? That’s normal behavior, says Grolier’s tech support. A handful of the 59 video clips are wild, such as a girl rollerskating underneath a 5 1/4-inch-high bar, but you’re better off joining the 74 million people who have bought the book. C+
Posted June 30 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'King Cobra' trailer features porn, intrigue, Garrett Clayton
- Clinton Trump debate: How many will watch?
- Zach Galifianakis calls Donald Trump 'mentally challenged'
- Garth Brooks earns historic RIAA achievement
- How Arnold Palmer invented the Arnold Palmer drink, in his words
- WATCH: 'Stranger Things' kids share their Upside Down theories
- Joss Whedon shares which Avenger he’d pick as president