Though it celebrates superlatives, The 1995 Guinness Multimedia Disc of Records feels like a halfhearted effort. Is Mount Everest 29,029 feet tall, or is it 29,078? Depends which entry you call up. Perplexed by the way the program disappears from the screen a second or two at a time? That’s normal behavior, says Grolier’s tech support. A handful of the 59 video clips are wild, such as a girl rollerskating underneath a 5 1/4-inch-high bar, but you’re better off joining the 74 million people who have bought the book. C+
Posted June 30 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- Look, but don't retouch? What our female celeb photo fascination says about us
- Chris Rock and Tracy Morgan exchange comic haymakers in 'Top Five' outtakes
- 'Sex Box' react: Enclosed encounters of the absurd kind
- Buffy season 8 recap: 'No Future for You'/'Wolves at the Gate'
- Jennifer Lawrence vs. 'tabloid malarkey'