Promoting a weird kind of worship, this fortune-telling program combines elements of New Age and the Dark Ages. Like the ancient alchemists, you try to find the formula that will turn your life into gold. Click on intricately animated tarot-style cards. Get ”instant answers to life’s questions.” Sure, a lot of the do-it-yourself philosophy reads like so much mumbo jumbo. But The Alchemist drives home the point that there are new gods in our lives beyond the TV set. B
Posted June 30 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer revealed! What's next?
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer speaks out!
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!