Promoting a weird kind of worship, this fortune-telling program combines elements of New Age and the Dark Ages. Like the ancient alchemists, you try to find the formula that will turn your life into gold. Click on intricately animated tarot-style cards. Get ”instant answers to life’s questions.” Sure, a lot of the do-it-yourself philosophy reads like so much mumbo jumbo. But The Alchemist drives home the point that there are new gods in our lives beyond the TV set. B
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!