Last year, he was a bomb-averting cop (Speed). This year, he’s a 21st-century microchip transporter (Johnny Mnemonic). Next year, look for Keanu Reeves in a simpler role: Jjaks, the hopeless romantic in love with Freddie (Cameron Diaz) in Feeling Minnesota. ”I know this sounds cliché, but Keanu has never done anything like this,” says Minnesota director Steven Baigelman. ”He’s fused his sexuality, morality, passion, and total goofiness.” The pictures in the movie, taken in a motel photo booth after the pair runs out on her wedding day (following her marriage to Jjaks’ older brother, Sam), are testament to the goofy. But Diaz reveals that nailing the strip was anything but simple. ”There were tons of contact sheets,” she says. ”But either my eyes were closed or his tongue was sticking out.” Also hindering the spring shoot was the unpredictable Minnesota climate, which was far from a pretty picture. ”The temperature dropped 13 degrees in 12 minutes one day,” says Baigelman. Adds Diaz, ”They say there are 10,000 lakes, but I haven’t seen any of them. It’s just…it’s just hell.”
Posted June 30 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Meek Mill hits back at Drake with diss track 'Wanna Know'
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!