Last year, he was a bomb-averting cop (Speed). This year, he’s a 21st-century microchip transporter (Johnny Mnemonic). Next year, look for Keanu Reeves in a simpler role: Jjaks, the hopeless romantic in love with Freddie (Cameron Diaz) in Feeling Minnesota. ”I know this sounds cliché, but Keanu has never done anything like this,” says Minnesota director Steven Baigelman. ”He’s fused his sexuality, morality, passion, and total goofiness.” The pictures in the movie, taken in a motel photo booth after the pair runs out on her wedding day (following her marriage to Jjaks’ older brother, Sam), are testament to the goofy. But Diaz reveals that nailing the strip was anything but simple. ”There were tons of contact sheets,” she says. ”But either my eyes were closed or his tongue was sticking out.” Also hindering the spring shoot was the unpredictable Minnesota climate, which was far from a pretty picture. ”The temperature dropped 13 degrees in 12 minutes one day,” says Baigelman. Adds Diaz, ”They say there are 10,000 lakes, but I haven’t seen any of them. It’s just…it’s just hell.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple teases NEXT season
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake accepts iHeart Radio Innovator Award, recalls when 'they called me weird'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time': Inside ID of Maleficent's child
- iHeart Radio Music Awards winners are...
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!