Last year, he was a bomb-averting cop (Speed). This year, he’s a 21st-century microchip transporter (Johnny Mnemonic). Next year, look for Keanu Reeves in a simpler role: Jjaks, the hopeless romantic in love with Freddie (Cameron Diaz) in Feeling Minnesota. ”I know this sounds cliché, but Keanu has never done anything like this,” says Minnesota director Steven Baigelman. ”He’s fused his sexuality, morality, passion, and total goofiness.” The pictures in the movie, taken in a motel photo booth after the pair runs out on her wedding day (following her marriage to Jjaks’ older brother, Sam), are testament to the goofy. But Diaz reveals that nailing the strip was anything but simple. ”There were tons of contact sheets,” she says. ”But either my eyes were closed or his tongue was sticking out.” Also hindering the spring shoot was the unpredictable Minnesota climate, which was far from a pretty picture. ”The temperature dropped 13 degrees in 12 minutes one day,” says Baigelman. Adds Diaz, ”They say there are 10,000 lakes, but I haven’t seen any of them. It’s just…it’s just hell.”
Posted June 30 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- WATCH: Katie Couric has learned to love her cellulite
- Daniel Radcliffe morphs into Elijah Wood in mesmerizing GIF
- Mike Mignola previews his final issue of 'Hellboy in Hell'
- 'Transparent' renewed for a fourth season
- 'The Hills' trivia: Can you still identify these minor characters?
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys welcome first child together
- 'Jeopardy!' producer scores Guinness World Record
- The Best 'Bachelor' and 'Bachelorette' Jobs
- Disney Classics Making New Magic On Screen
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos