Michelle Stafford, who plays slinky, kinky Phyllis on The Young and the Restless, continually pushes the envelope, unlike many daytimers. Introduced last fall, Phyllis — with a penchant for attempting murder and an endless supply of lingerie — has already entered soap’s bad-girl hall of fame. ”Phyllis is so evil,” says Stafford, ”I figured I’d probably be out of work in 13 weeks, so why not go over the top?” She went way over this month when she donned a black vinyl teddy. ”Wardrobe suggested it and I said, ‘Far out!”’ says Stafford, who helped shop for the garment. ”It should have come with a whip.” Stafford, a Chicago native and ex-runway model, reports that fans ”scream at me with such venom,” in appreciation of her va-va-va-voom villainy. ”I was the same way when I watched soaps,” she says. ”I hated the nice people.”
Posted June 30 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- Emily Ratajkowski is over 'Blurred Lines': 'It's the bane of my existence'
- Janet Jackson shares powerful new single, 'Unbreakable'
- ESPN extends Curt Schilling's suspension through MLB season
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!