A second reissue of the ’60s Mexican mood-music master could almost be a precursor to Jamaican dub, what with Music From a Sparkling Planet’s primitive stereo tricks and cork-popping reverb. But when Esquivel turns too orchestral and loses track of his Latin beat, he neuters mambos like Emerson, Lake & Palmer would later neuter rock. B
Music From a Sparkling Planet A second reissue of the '60s Mexican mood-music master could almost be a precursor to Jamaican dub, what with Music From a Sparkling PlanetMusic From a Sparkling PlanetPop, Reissues A second reissue of the '60s Mexican mood-music master could almost be a precursor to Jamaican dub, what with Music From a Sparkling Planet1995-06-30
Genre: Pop, Reissues; Lead Performer: Esquivel; Producer (group): Bar/None
Posted June 30 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Meet Jon Rudnitsky, the newest 'SNL' featured player
- The Democratic Party approves of Kanye West's presidential run
- Broadway-bound 'SpongeBob' musical to premiering in Chicago
- 'Drunk History' season 3 scoop: Will Ferrell as Roald Dahl and more
- One Direction producer previews new 1D album: 'We're experimenting a little'
- Rachel Bilson, Autumn Reeser stage 'O.C.' reunion at 'Unauthorized O.C. Musical'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' ratings dip to still-huge numbers
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!