A second reissue of the ’60s Mexican mood-music master could almost be a precursor to Jamaican dub, what with Music From a Sparkling Planet’s primitive stereo tricks and cork-popping reverb. But when Esquivel turns too orchestral and loses track of his Latin beat, he neuters mambos like Emerson, Lake & Palmer would later neuter rock. B
Music From a Sparkling Planet A second reissue of the '60s Mexican mood-music master could almost be a precursor to Jamaican dub, what with Music From a Sparkling PlanetMusic From a Sparkling PlanetPop, Reissues A second reissue of the '60s Mexican mood-music master could almost be a precursor to Jamaican dub, what with Music From a Sparkling Planet1995-06-30
Genre: Pop, Reissues; Lead Performer: Esquivel; Producer (group): Bar/None
Posted June 30 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Meek Mill hits back at Drake with diss track 'Wanna Know'
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!