Jodie Foster is a brave soul: Not only did she agree to star as the ”wild woman” who grew up isolated in the North Carolina backwoods, she coproduced the movie that made the risky role possible. And it’s such a bummer when you go out on a limb for nothing. Video viewers may be forgiven for a little remote-control editing of the more embarrassing moments. Perhaps if Nell had been more than a catalog of simplified conventions (the noble savage, technology versus humanity, the rarity of enlightened doctoring) there might have been a happier ending — to her participation, that is. If the movie’s ending were any happier, you couldn’t choke it down. C
Nell Jodie Foster is a brave soul: Not only did she agree to star as the ''wild woman'' who grew up isolated in the North Carolina backwoods, she coproduced...NellDramaPG-13 Jodie Foster is a brave soul: Not only did she agree to star as the ''wild woman'' who grew up isolated in the North Carolina backwoods, she coproduced...1995-06-30
Genre: Drama; Starring: Jodie Foster, Liam Neeson, Natasha Richardson; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Showtime renews 'House of Lies' for fifth season
- Linda Lavin to return to Broadway in 'Our Mother's Brief Affair'
- Fox's 'Weird Loners' aren't quite weird or lonely enough
- A few theories on who Caity Lotz will play on the 'Arrow'-'Flash' spinoff
- Beastie Boys' Adam Horovitz gives relationship advice in 'Ask a Grown Man'
- 'Ellen,' 'GH' lead Daytime Emmy noms
- Horror director Adam Green on his new web series, 'Scary Sleepover'
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!