Thanks to a new wide-screen transfer, the O’Neals’ (Ryan and Tatum) beguiling father-daughter act now plays out against stunning dust-bowl tableaux instead of cropped landscapes. The resultant sweep of the Depression-era visuals goes a long way toward compensating for O’Neal senior’s hopelessly flat line readings. But a feel for certain historical details seems to have completely eluded director-producer Peter Bogdanovich in his bonus introductory remarks: He recalls his early-’70s glory days without once mentioning any of the collaborators who helped make Paper Moon so moodily effective. B+
Paper Moon Thanks to a new wide-screen transfer, the O'Neals' (Ryan and Tatum) beguiling father-daughter act now plays out against stunning dust-bowl tableaux...Paper MoonDramaPT102MPG Thanks to a new wide-screen transfer, the O'Neals' (Ryan and Tatum) beguiling father-daughter act now plays out against stunning dust-bowl tableaux...1995-06-30
Genre: Drama; Starring: Ryan O'Neal, Tatum O'Neal; Director: Peter Bogdanovich; Release Date Wide: 05/09/1973; Runtime (in minutes): 102; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted June 30 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The View' gets new theme song: Mary J. Blige's 'World's Gone Crazy'
- 'The Walking Dead': Jeffrey Dean Morgan had no idea about cliffhanger
- Nick Offerman previews 'Good Clean Fun' and announces tour
- Diana Gordon makes powerful TV debut on 'Colbert'
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead recalls Michael Moore sex scene on 'BrainDead'
- 'Rings' trailer brings Samara back for more scares
- Stephen Colbert helps Rami Malek make his first Instagram post
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your limited series/drama nominees are...