Thanks to a new wide-screen transfer, the O’Neals’ (Ryan and Tatum) beguiling father-daughter act now plays out against stunning dust-bowl tableaux instead of cropped landscapes. The resultant sweep of the Depression-era visuals goes a long way toward compensating for O’Neal senior’s hopelessly flat line readings. But a feel for certain historical details seems to have completely eluded director-producer Peter Bogdanovich in his bonus introductory remarks: He recalls his early-’70s glory days without once mentioning any of the collaborators who helped make Paper Moon so moodily effective. B+
Paper Moon Thanks to a new wide-screen transfer, the O'Neals' (Ryan and Tatum) beguiling father-daughter act now plays out against stunning dust-bowl tableaux...Paper MoonDramaPT102MPG Thanks to a new wide-screen transfer, the O'Neals' (Ryan and Tatum) beguiling father-daughter act now plays out against stunning dust-bowl tableaux...1995-06-30
Genre: Drama; Starring: Ryan O'Neal, Tatum O'Neal; Director: Peter Bogdanovich; Release Date Wide: 05/09/1973; Runtime (in minutes): 102; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted June 30 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!