The group that made the world safe for jangly guitars certainly gives you your money’s worth in this latest anthology — all the videos from Automatic for the People and Monster, clips from short films commissioned for the band’s current tour, even footage from a forthcoming documentary. Parellel R.E.M. is available in two versions, one censored and one uncensored but stickered (which has ”Nightswimming” with full frontal nudity). Some of this footage (”Everybody Hurts”) is emotionally potent, but visually it’s more often artily pointless, as in the intended-to-be-ironic rock-star moves in ”What’s the Frequency, Kenneth?” B-
Parallel R.E.M. The group that made the world safe for jangly guitars certainly gives you your money's worth in this latest anthology — all the videos from Parallel R.E.M.MusicalUnrated The group that made the world safe for jangly guitars certainly gives you your money's worth in this latest anthology — all the videos from 1995-06-30
Genre: Musical; Starring: R.E.M.; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted June 30 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer revealed! What's next?
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer speaks out!
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!