The wedding bells announcing their April honeymoon in Vegas just didn’t ring true romance. Wasn’t he with his fiancée model, Kristen Zang, at the Oscars two weeks before? Wasn’t she just a bit too progressive for conventional knot-tying? ”I know I could fall in love with a woman just as easily as I could fall with a man,” she had said. But think about it: The marriage of Nicolas Cage, 31, and Patricia Arquette, 27 (a first for both), was no quirkier than their on-screen personae. He ate a cockroach (a live cockroach) in Vampire’s Kiss; she played the lesbian lover of his real-life cousin, Sofia Coppola, in Inside Monkey Zetterland. He flirted with Shirley MacLaine in Guarding Tess; she played girlfriend to cross-dressing Johnny Depp in Ed Wood. They are the out-there answer to Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward. But will they go on forever? ”When she showed up at my house dressed head to toe in black vinyl, carrying a big purple wedding cake, I knew I was with the right woman,” Cage said on TV, recalling the moment she proposed. The tabloids say Arquette’s expecting, which her publicist denies. Either way, don’t expect them at Baby Gap.
Posted June 30 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo': Top 10 Kindle highlights
- 'American Gods': First look at Kristin Chenoweth as Easter
- Stars rally behind Leslie Jones after website hack
- Bob Odenkirk to write book on life, 'Better Call Saul,' 'Breaking Bad'
- Bella Thorne to produce Lifetime vampire flick
- Hailee Steinfeld talks bad haircuts, coming of age in 'Edge of Seventeen'
- 'Underground' adds Aisha Hinds as Harriet Tubman for season 2
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...