The wedding bells announcing their April honeymoon in Vegas just didn’t ring true romance. Wasn’t he with his fiancée model, Kristen Zang, at the Oscars two weeks before? Wasn’t she just a bit too progressive for conventional knot-tying? ”I know I could fall in love with a woman just as easily as I could fall with a man,” she had said. But think about it: The marriage of Nicolas Cage, 31, and Patricia Arquette, 27 (a first for both), was no quirkier than their on-screen personae. He ate a cockroach (a live cockroach) in Vampire’s Kiss; she played the lesbian lover of his real-life cousin, Sofia Coppola, in Inside Monkey Zetterland. He flirted with Shirley MacLaine in Guarding Tess; she played girlfriend to cross-dressing Johnny Depp in Ed Wood. They are the out-there answer to Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward. But will they go on forever? ”When she showed up at my house dressed head to toe in black vinyl, carrying a big purple wedding cake, I knew I was with the right woman,” Cage said on TV, recalling the moment she proposed. The tabloids say Arquette’s expecting, which her publicist denies. Either way, don’t expect them at Baby Gap.
Posted June 30 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!