The wedding bells announcing their April honeymoon in Vegas just didn’t ring true romance. Wasn’t he with his fiancée model, Kristen Zang, at the Oscars two weeks before? Wasn’t she just a bit too progressive for conventional knot-tying? ”I know I could fall in love with a woman just as easily as I could fall with a man,” she had said. But think about it: The marriage of Nicolas Cage, 31, and Patricia Arquette, 27 (a first for both), was no quirkier than their on-screen personae. He ate a cockroach (a live cockroach) in Vampire’s Kiss; she played the lesbian lover of his real-life cousin, Sofia Coppola, in Inside Monkey Zetterland. He flirted with Shirley MacLaine in Guarding Tess; she played girlfriend to cross-dressing Johnny Depp in Ed Wood. They are the out-there answer to Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward. But will they go on forever? ”When she showed up at my house dressed head to toe in black vinyl, carrying a big purple wedding cake, I knew I was with the right woman,” Cage said on TV, recalling the moment she proposed. The tabloids say Arquette’s expecting, which her publicist denies. Either way, don’t expect them at Baby Gap.
Posted June 30 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- New Spider-Man comic will focus on young Peter Parker
- TIFF announces all-star lineup for 2015
- Michael Jackson's white glove is up for auction for $20,000
- How one comic book is tackling female sexuality in totally new ways
- Director Jon Watts on how 'Cop Car' helped him land 'Spider-Man'
- John Cena's nose got broken on 'Monday Night Raw'
- Hear an exclusive Deer Tick song from upcoming Amazon Music playlist
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Beyoncé, Kanye West, Uma Thurman & More!