There’s something strange about American Gothic, the eerie drama coming to CBS this fall. No, it’s not the Twin Peaks-meets-The X-Files-style plots, but that the show’s writer and producer is Mr. Hardy Boy himself, Shaun Cassidy. ”He’s an incredibly talented writer,” says star Gary Cole (The Brady Bunch Movie). ”Some people might not expect him to be the source of this show, but why not? Whatever image he had is gone.” The series, about a town sheriff who could be the very definition of evil, is not Cassidy’s first tale from the dark side. He penned the 1991 USA Network thriller Strays, about a band of killer kitties. The 36-year-old ex-teenybopper says he’s just exploring his options. ”Gothic is a very different type of show,” says Cassidy, ”but I like taking chances like this.”
Posted June 30 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday