There’s something strange about American Gothic, the eerie drama coming to CBS this fall. No, it’s not the Twin Peaks-meets-The X-Files-style plots, but that the show’s writer and producer is Mr. Hardy Boy himself, Shaun Cassidy. ”He’s an incredibly talented writer,” says star Gary Cole (The Brady Bunch Movie). ”Some people might not expect him to be the source of this show, but why not? Whatever image he had is gone.” The series, about a town sheriff who could be the very definition of evil, is not Cassidy’s first tale from the dark side. He penned the 1991 USA Network thriller Strays, about a band of killer kitties. The 36-year-old ex-teenybopper says he’s just exploring his options. ”Gothic is a very different type of show,” says Cassidy, ”but I like taking chances like this.”
Posted June 30 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Wes Craven's 5 most twistedly influential films
- A$AP Rocky brings 'L$D' to the VMAs
- Celebrity reactions to Kanye West's MTV VMAs speech
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- 'I Am Cait' recap: 'The Dating Game'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!