There’s something strange about American Gothic, the eerie drama coming to CBS this fall. No, it’s not the Twin Peaks-meets-The X-Files-style plots, but that the show’s writer and producer is Mr. Hardy Boy himself, Shaun Cassidy. ”He’s an incredibly talented writer,” says star Gary Cole (The Brady Bunch Movie). ”Some people might not expect him to be the source of this show, but why not? Whatever image he had is gone.” The series, about a town sheriff who could be the very definition of evil, is not Cassidy’s first tale from the dark side. He penned the 1991 USA Network thriller Strays, about a band of killer kitties. The 36-year-old ex-teenybopper says he’s just exploring his options. ”Gothic is a very different type of show,” says Cassidy, ”but I like taking chances like this.”
Posted June 30 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- Look, but don't retouch? What our female celeb photo fascination says about us
- Chris Rock and Tracy Morgan exchange comic haymakers in 'Top Five' outtakes
- 'Sex Box' react: Enclosed encounters of the absurd kind
- Buffy season 8 recap: 'No Future for You'/'Wolves at the Gate'
- Jennifer Lawrence vs. 'tabloid malarkey'
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!