There’s something strange about American Gothic, the eerie drama coming to CBS this fall. No, it’s not the Twin Peaks-meets-The X-Files-style plots, but that the show’s writer and producer is Mr. Hardy Boy himself, Shaun Cassidy. ”He’s an incredibly talented writer,” says star Gary Cole (The Brady Bunch Movie). ”Some people might not expect him to be the source of this show, but why not? Whatever image he had is gone.” The series, about a town sheriff who could be the very definition of evil, is not Cassidy’s first tale from the dark side. He penned the 1991 USA Network thriller Strays, about a band of killer kitties. The 36-year-old ex-teenybopper says he’s just exploring his options. ”Gothic is a very different type of show,” says Cassidy, ”but I like taking chances like this.”
Posted June 30 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Outlander' is becoming a war story, explains showrunner
- James Bond: Sam Mendes thinks 'it's time for somebody else' to direct
- Tom Hardy chats with Princes William and Harry at charity polo tournament
- 'Mother, May I Sleep With Danger?' trailer: James Franco's re-'vamp'
- Melissa McCarthy to 'Ghostbusters' haters: 'I hope they find a friend'
- Zac Efron shares 'High School Musical' throwback cast photo
- What is Essex Corp? 'X-Men: Apocalypse' post-credits scene explained
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers