SimCity Enhanced isn’t quite right, but I guess MacPlay wouldn’t want to call it SimCity Compromised for the Sake of Some Gimmicky Videos. Earlier versions of this metropolitan simulation enable you, as mayor/planner, to control every aspect of zoning, infrastructure, and taxation of your town. This rendering, though, drops many lifelike aspects: You can no longer issue bonds, differentiate between industrial and residential tax rates, or provide such amenities as plumbing and schools. Perhaps most annoying, the graphics are less detailed and the map’s scale can’t be altered. Instead, you get videos of SimResidents going about their business and of public servants scolding you for tasks left undone. City limits, indeed. C-
Posted June 30 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Liam Payne turns 22! See his most GIF-able moments
- Venice Film Festival premiere of star-studded Martin Scorsese short canceled
- Taylor Swift teases 'Wildest Dreams' video with pic of Scott Eastwood
- Andy Samberg provides Emmys hashtags #freepizza(no)
- Watch the MTV VMAs with EW's drinking game
- Fan theory suggests the Joker was hero of 'The Dark Knight'
- Everything Hannibal wore on 'Hannibal'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!