SimCity Enhanced isn’t quite right, but I guess MacPlay wouldn’t want to call it SimCity Compromised for the Sake of Some Gimmicky Videos. Earlier versions of this metropolitan simulation enable you, as mayor/planner, to control every aspect of zoning, infrastructure, and taxation of your town. This rendering, though, drops many lifelike aspects: You can no longer issue bonds, differentiate between industrial and residential tax rates, or provide such amenities as plumbing and schools. Perhaps most annoying, the graphics are less detailed and the map’s scale can’t be altered. Instead, you get videos of SimResidents going about their business and of public servants scolding you for tasks left undone. City limits, indeed. C-
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!