SimCity Enhanced isn’t quite right, but I guess MacPlay wouldn’t want to call it SimCity Compromised for the Sake of Some Gimmicky Videos. Earlier versions of this metropolitan simulation enable you, as mayor/planner, to control every aspect of zoning, infrastructure, and taxation of your town. This rendering, though, drops many lifelike aspects: You can no longer issue bonds, differentiate between industrial and residential tax rates, or provide such amenities as plumbing and schools. Perhaps most annoying, the graphics are less detailed and the map’s scale can’t be altered. Instead, you get videos of SimResidents going about their business and of public servants scolding you for tasks left undone. City limits, indeed. C-
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Walking Dead' star Norman Reedus on Daryl's big finale
- 'Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple teases NEXT season
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake accepts iHeart Radio Innovator Award, recalls when 'they called me weird'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time': Inside ID of Maleficent's child
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!